INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Yesterday's snow... today's doe on my property  (Read 228 times)

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
Yesterday's snow... today's doe on my property
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

While walking in the back of the property, I came upon two ladies.... just bedded down/resting.  The one doe (Momma) stayed for a bit longer than her fawn....but, before I could get the cell phone out of my pocket and ready to take the photo... I think they both felt "it was time".  

In the photos, if you look a bit ahead of the targets, you'll see "Momma" leaving the area (the other gal was heading down the hill, and to the right).  Of course, to the right are two of my archery targets.

FYI: You can see where "Momma" was bedded down only a few minutes earlier (see the leaves WITHOUT snow on 'em... between the doe and the targets.)

Hope all is well with all,
David

P.S. Photos are from my Droid Cellphone... "Momma" is at approx. 25 yards.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yesterday's snow... today's doe on my property
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Go gettem Dave.
I hunted this evening near my house.  I didn't see a thing.  Just a few minutes ago I walked to the end of my driveway and a deer walked within 30 yards of me.  With the snow and nearly full moon, I could even make out antlers.  I should have stayed on stand and hunted by moonlight   ;)
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 12:41:00 AM »
Bill,

I went out this morning (King & Queen County)... new stand location.... and as I was walking in... I did see tracks in the snow, but....NADA... nothing showed in the 4 hours I was on stand.  I could hear the dogs running over "thata way" and about 5 or 6 shots going off.  But, all I saw were a few gray tree rats... nothing more.  Either way... great day!
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
Cool pics David.  I played bow and arrow Saturday also.  Had a nubbin walk by at 20+ yards (2:45).  I was hoping his daddy would wander by.  Beautiful time to hunt regardless.   Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »
I took the attached video with my new lil Handcam last evening.  These are the normal seven I see most days.

WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©