INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: VA harvests thread  (Read 1645 times)

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: VA harvests thread
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
Jonathan,

That was good to hear. You're fortunate to understand how lucky you are... to have your father around & and one you can do things with.  I, for one, never had that gift.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
David, I used my Blackfeather. Nice buck Bill, hope you get a chance at him. He might be hard to draw on with them giant eyes he's got. He ought to have 360 degree vision.

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
Bill...  Quit showing pictures of my deer....  I told you I would be over next week some time to pick him off for you....

:bigsmyl:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
Thank you everyone and Mr. David, Ive been more than lucky in life to have both of my parents and caring grandparents. I know not everyone is as lucky as I and I need to show my appreciation more. I truly am blessed.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
I skipped out of work a few minutes early this evening to get an early start on my 3 day vacation.  I had a 3 point come in to about 10 yards and eat acorns for a while.  He moved off and I didn't see a thing until 0 dark thirty.  Suddenly I had deer all around me.  I picked out what I thought was a bit larger deer than the one standing under me and took the shot.  Deer ran everywhere and I really couldn't tell about my shot except that it felt good.  Since it was quitting time, I climbed down and packed up my gear.  I found blood immediately and my arrow was about 10 yards down the trail.  I had blood with bubbles so I thought it would be a short trail.  Sure enough, I found my deer about 50 yards out.  What luck, a button buck.  Between Brendan and I, that's 3 button bucks in two days.  I WILL be more careful from now on this season. However, as one famous Cool Springs Gang member once said, "this ain't a spectator sport"   :)    
My shot was perfect.  It skewered the heart and broke the front leg on the opposite side.  
Gotta get to bed so I can do it all over again tomorrow!
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2010, 06:04:00 AM »
Congrats again Bill! Soooo, when are you inviting me to hunt...LOL

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
Bill... I think the new Foley recurve is going to get a good workout this year.  Congrats...  Sure enough... "This Ain't No Spectator Sport"  Talk to you soon....  Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
Congrats Bill, that Foley must fit you like a glove. Nook, the lb is strolling tomorrow morning and the will start the Bear run for awhile.
 Allen-we know your time is coming! Good luck everyone and stay safe.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
Hey...What about me?????????I am still trying to get lucky as well.

Bill....What fine eatin.I go for whats available..LOL.Button button whose got the buttons now!lol..Keep drillin them.We need camp meat soon....

Good luck Tom,A.S....Nook and myself are after them tomorrow again......
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Danny, I didn't mean to leave you out after your fine hospitality this summer. Thanks again for the shoot invites. Sure that something good is coming your way. Take care.

Offline Stinger

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
I posted this on Pow Wow last weekend.  Shot her Saturday morning as she came sneaking in behind me.  14 yard shot with the RER.  The hit was a little far forward but it took out the shoulder and both lungs.  Trail was fairly easy to follow.  I went back to the same spot this morning hoping for a buck, but ready to shoot anything.  I had lots of does close but nothing offered a shot I was comfortable with.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :notworthy:  

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

My day yesterday afternoon...Finally I thought I was just gonna observe this year..Story is on Pow Wow...What a great day!!!!!
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
congrats!

I just read your story on Pow Wow.  How far was the tracking job on the doe?

David

P.S.  Nice presentation photo of the buck.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Dave...I will have to tell you ,I got really lucky.She ran about 150 yds or so.The blood trail was so plentiful we had no problem finding her consider where I hit her.Have to tell ya about it sometime.Put it this way,It was a 5 pt on the 3D range,LOL.I never did find my arrow,I think I am going back today to look for it.

D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Well, I'm proud of ya.  What a great day! And with a Morrison even!  Who would have thunk it!!

Yesterday I passed on a button buck (approx 11 yards), a 3" spike (at approx 14 yards) and a young doe at 21 yards.   In short, I was waiting for either of the two biggins that I know haunt this area... but, they never showed. I can only guess they never got my invitation.

Sighhhhhhhhh.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »
Great going Danny.......wish I could say the same for myself     :banghead:

I may need to bow out for a while.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
Way to go Danny-knew it was around the corner for you. now its Allen turn up at bat. Go for it Allen.

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Keep at it A.S...I will now pass the torch onto you.Good luck.I went back today and found my arrow I lost so I can use it again.Plus I had to do some more scouting,had no idea there is so much huntable land on that farm.Take care

d

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
Congratulations Danny!  Like Tom said, we all knew it wouldn't be long till you got the chance to show that mug of yours on here.  I'm sure you'll be back now that you've broken the ice for the year.

Allen, you're next.  I think we all have more faith in your ability than you do right now, but I'm sure you'll be on here doing wonders with photography very soon.  I've never seen someone make a 90 lb. doe look like a 200 lb. monster quite like you!   ;)   Can't wait to see that magic again!!
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©