INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: VA harvests thread  (Read 1614 times)

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: VA harvests thread
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
I agree, Allen...if Bill would have positioned himself properly, with those orangutan arms of his extended, well, he would've  looked like a Boone and Crockett buck  :saywhat:   He even kinda looks like Chuck Adams when he's smilin'...

Way to go, Bill and Brendan!

Jumped two in our little patch of woods over at the farm Saturday afernoon; nothing the rest of the evening.....until I had to stop the truck as I left the driveway while 6 crossed the road in front of me  :rolleyes:

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
Ooops....didn't read the first page; congrats, Jeff  :thumbsup:

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Alright everyone!  Major congratulations to Bill and Brendan!  Mucho venison and macho antlers to start October.

Nook - don't listen to the peanut gallery.  They're just jealous they didn't get a pretty doe with leafy green pasties.....

The wind "blew" several developing opportunities in the a.m. and other people ruined plans A, B, and C for the p.m.  I'd have a less frustrating time on public land, lol.  As a result I only have commentary for the "harvest thread" but I'm still trying.

And rumor has it that gretchen has been filling the freezer in September so kudos to him as well.
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline 3blades

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Some nice deer and good shooting. I'm still getting used to my tree saddle before I hunt in it.
60's Bear Cub    45#@28"
Samick Stingray  50#@28"
Hickory self bow 55#@28"
HH Big 5 Longbow 65#@28"
Bears paw T/D LB 75#@28"

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Bill... congrats on a wonderful buck!  If Allen was in the picture (since he's a great deal smaller and all deer look bigger than they really are), your buck would have looked like an EXCEPTIONAL P & Y.

Brendan, where are the pictures????

To all others... it looks like we all have to step it up.

Safe hunting all.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
I forgot to mention this was my first shot at game with my new Foley recurve.  I couldn't make it to Dixie last month, so I didn't get to show it off.  I'll take some pictures and post it on Pow Wow for all to see.  She's pretty, and shoots great.  If/when I miss, I can't blame the bow!!!
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
Congrats Bill and Brennan.
I spent another morning hunting from the ground,no sign of anything.This afternoon I spent it in the trees swaying to a different note.Seen one deer and no shots.Finished up the evening with a hoot owl sernading me and a Coyote howling on the ridge behind me.Better than a good day at work.LOL...I'll keep on a getting after them...Later guys..Good luck to all.keep creating those memories.....
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »

Me and my buddy Brad after still-hunting in Appomattox this morning. I shot him at 7 yards with a Bighorn T/D recurve(65@28"), and a home-made cedar arrow with a 160 grain Magnus I at the business end. It broke ribs going in and out, and he left a blood trail a blind man could follow.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Im sorry, I meant My friend Brad and me.  :rolleyes:
Aim small, miss small

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
Way to go Jonathan.  Still hunting isn't easy.  Good eating size.  Keep after them....

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »
Nook, That H'bird still has the 'ol mojo working-killed a good sized doe yesterday evening. Great shooting Bill-that Foley looks like it will work for you. Best to all and stay safe out there.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Tom... I thought the picture on the Pow Wow Looked like the H-bird Dynastick with those sexy limb covers.  She's still got it and so do you.  That bow needs to hunt...  Great shooting.  Got to love this time of year.  I guess now you can do some of that old Bear bow magic...  Have a great season... Jeff     :campfire:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Good shooting and congrats on the venison. I got fat little button buck yesterday morning. I'm with Nook-- Gotta love this time of year!!

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
Man, you guys are laying them down. I'm headed out now. Congrats to everyone!

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
Jonathan, good job on the deer (and the written word).  

Peachy, which Crow Creek did you use... the Mag or the Blackfeather?

Depending on work, I hope to be in the woods again Thursday morning.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
Thank you fellas! Me and my dad are planning on hunting a piece of property in Wakefield this weekend. I get my drivers license this Monday (watch out for a light green jeep!!!) so hopefully Ill be hunting allot more when my Dad has to work.
Aim small, miss small

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  congrats to ya Jonathan

Tom..congrats on the doe.keep a slinging
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Congrats Tom and Jonathan!  I'm off Thursday thru Monday.  Hopefully I'll run into this guy.  He was hanging out with a couple of his smaller brothers and cousins this summer, so I have motivation to be in the woods!

Be safe and shoot straight!
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
You know, I can't believe I forgot to post this before but I have to give thanks to my Dad (Always89) and Mom. I wouldn't have my love of the outdoors if it weren't for my Dad and I couldn't imagine life without it. He actually gave up his hunting early to help me blood trail the deer and be with me when I found it. And my Mom supports our habbit and puts up with us skipping chores to hunt. I couldn't appreciate them more.
Aim small, miss small

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
Bill,
 Think that buck should keep you going all season long, what a hawg. Good luck with it.
a89b-It is always good to hear a respectful young one give his/her parents their due, you are the result of their patience and guidence,my hat is off to all of your family.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©