INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: VA harvests thread  (Read 1611 times)

Offline paleFace

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: VA harvests thread
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
Man you C'ville boys have been flinging some arras.... I've been in the woods a bunch but have been sitting with my son.  He has never taken a deer and on election day he finally closed the deal on a nice 8pt.  

Ok so fast forward to this past Friday, I had the day off and everyone was gone so I hit the woods.  Let the string down on a nice doe.  

The hit was a few inches forward but I got a complete pass through and took out both lungs.  Used my Schafer Silver Tip and Woodsman heads.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline paleFace

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
Jack I see the WRB has been busy as well.  Looks like you have a freezer full of good eat'n as well.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
Paleface.You need a shave.I didn't reconize you.Congrats on the doe..I am slowing down on the bowhunting for awhile.Yesterday Nook and i bowhunted so Sat.I am walking along with the TC.Later

Danny
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline 3blades

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
Nice Doe Rob.
60's Bear Cub    45#@28"
Samick Stingray  50#@28"
Hickory self bow 55#@28"
HH Big 5 Longbow 65#@28"
Bears paw T/D LB 75#@28"

Offline Stinger

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
Nice deer guys.  I hunted all of last week and saw more bucks than I have seen in a number of years.  the rut was full on up here.  Unfortunately, I missed on the two shots I took.  The first was the biggest 6 point I've ever seen.  He had lots of mass and long tines.  The little toothpick/rubber band arrow holder didn't release properly and an easy 15 yard shot went wide and just grazed his lower leg.  The next day, I had a single-sided forkie at 15 yards and he spotted me just at the release and ducked the arrow.  I got caught unprepared on a big (for this area) 8 point twice.  It was a little disappointing, but a lot of fun.

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
I have been shut down from the computer for awhile (computers acting up), but I shot a nice doe with my bow on 11/19. Sadly, I was walking out of the woods the other day and got caught up in some stuff that was way to thick to try to slip through with a stand on my back, and I ended up breaking all 4 of my wooden arrows  :mad:    :banghead:  . So Im stuck with my fall back aluminums.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
3 weeks left and I for one will be ready for winter hibernation. Freezer full and now just trying to get my nephew some meat as well. Best to all.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©