INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Who's ready for Dixie?Pics added!!!!!!!!!  (Read 453 times)

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
Who's ready for Dixie?Pics added!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 16, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
Just wanting to know who all plans on being at Dixie bowman next weekend.The Cool Springs Gang will be there Friday afternoon ready to set up camp and fling some of them thar arrows...Let's make this a great turn out for this club!!!!

Danny
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who's ready for Dixie?Pics added!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:31:00 AM »
Danny,

Unless the creek starts to rise... I'll be there.  You can tell me more about your T/C handshooters.  

If they have a trading blanket, I'll bring some things along (bliz jig, some 3D archery targets & target centers, and a few ladderstands)that I'm not  using.  

In short, I'll grab a chair in the shade, a soda pop, and I'll be doing the "cleaing the closets" yard sale thing after the shootin is done for the day.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
Planning on it; wife will be out of town....if I can pawn Claire off on someone, me and Justin wll be there.

Hand-rifles, Dave....those are hand-rifles  :saywhat:  .  Real handguns have little thingies with 5 or 6 holes in them that go round and round....right, Danny?  :laughing:

Offline jim ratcliff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
ok...im curious...wheres the shoot at? any info would be great.
well....let's go let the air out'a one!

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
Jim-Dixie is a club just east of Petersburg; next weekend is their annual trad rendezvous

http://dixiebowmen.org/index.html

You can camp and make a weekend of it.

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
DOC,I guess you will never let me off the hook with the hand rifles,at least you can hammer Dave now as well..lol..Look forward to breaking bread with you all again.We will be coming down Friday and remember Doc have your appetite on....
 Dave....always like talking 'bout the hand rifles....See ya
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Looks like the Cool Springs Gang will be there Friday afternoon.    :campfire:

I think a impromptu trade blanket could be put on Saturday evening around five.  I'll bring a few goodies to sell also.

See all'ya all soon....

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
OOH ooh, can I play too!!  LOL

See you guys this weekend.

By the way Doc, I may shoot longbow class...just to have some extra fun     :goldtooth:    :archer2:

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
What? Your new Howard Hill arrive?  ;)  

Best bring your "A" game....I've re-tuned, broke down and reconstructed my form from the ground up, and am shooting lights out......only problem is I only have 4-5 arrows left  :D

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
You know, I didn't give it much thought A.S.,but you mustn't shoot longbow class,only for fun.I was hoping only to sych Doc out and get a better score,now to have you as well to sych out.What's this world coming to?????Can't wait to shoot too.I hope to be on my game as well.Looked grim Monday and Tuesday though..... :)

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Oh guys, don't worry about me....it's all for fun!!

See you in a couple days.

Offline chadt1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Danny will you give me a call when you get a chance i want to talk to you about something.
thanks, chad tomlin

757-653-6336
Dixie Bowmen Archery Club Virginia Trophy Hunters
Blackwidow- PSAX Crossgrain 45@28
Fedora Xtrema- 45@28

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
I sure missed being there with everybody this year.  Sometimes life just gets in the way.....

I hope you missed a few targets, hit  a lot of targets, and ate a little food for me!  Was the steel deer on the range?  Any arrows lost to the sawdust pile?  I hope the weather was good and the campfire enjoyable.

Next year, Goo Lord willing!

p.s. - How about some pics.....?
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Hey Duane,  Danny took a bunch of pics.  I think he has to wait to get his computer back from the shop to post them.  We missed you.  The iron buck was not put out, but I rigged up a swinging golf ball for fun.  Allen (A.S.) hit it on the second arrow from 30+ yards.  The Man has talent....  Backed it up with 1st in the recurve class.  Bill (Cool Springer) alias "Show Me the Money" out did him in the Tough Man shoot.  Buck (predatorbuck) led a group out for a coon shoot.  He took first.  I shot til my fingers burned.  Too much fun......  See you at STAR if your not at Hickory for the NC shoot first.  Jeff

:archer2:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
Hey all..We had a blast as usual.Good food,great folks and fun range,except for that %$%^ mosquito and Jack Rabbit,never too good to me for some reason.Man I hate that the weekend has gone by so quickly.On the other hand, another day of shootin and my arms would fall off.
  I will get pics up soon...Duane
 Chad....I left you a message..
  Hope to see some of ya'll at Hickory....

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
Jeff, don't forget about Bill's 30 yard, mosquito 10 ring shot. I'm sure we will hear about that one for years to come!!   :banghead:    :biglaugh:

See you guys soon.

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »
Years Allen?
I'll be happy to tell everyone about that shot for DECADES to come!
Dixie was a blast, as usual.  The weather even cooperated, though I had my doubts at times.

By the way, did I tell you guys about the mosquito shot I made on the tough man course?   ;)
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
Some pics from the Cool Springs Gang

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
gotta have one of me in there.Here we have Paradocs,me,Nook,Coolspringer,A.S.,Deglow and little Doc.A shot of camp Cool Springs

and that Dang Mosquito

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Great pics Dan.  Thanks for posting them.  I like the angle of Doc's arrow in the first pic.  Was he shooting from the cub stakes again....  :biglaugh:
PBS Regular

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©