INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Anyone going to Dixe's Rendevouz?  (Read 572 times)

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone going to Dixe's Rendevouz?
« on: April 17, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
Just wondering who all plans on goig to this 2 day event.This is always a great time had by all and alot of good fellowship.Hope lots of folks come!!!!
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone going to Dixe's Rendevouz?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
AAAHH YEAH Danny!!! I'm just about to get me bow "tuned" just right. I'm feeling a good weekend coming on.

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
Yep...Allen ran me outta the longbow class, but I've been shootin' the Sheepeater pretty good; will probably bring both.  When y'all gettin' here?

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
We plan on coming over Friday evening, probably darkish when we get there....unless Dany gets away from work earlier.

Don't worry Doc, I may buy something new between now and next weekend!! LOL

Offline CREEKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »
I plan to attend, but will only be there Saturday. Expect to get there about 9:00. I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys!

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:00 AM »
I will be sat. and I think I will have Joe keep score. What you think Billy Boy?

O Ya A.S. Still no bow.
"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 06:12:00 AM »
Bob, I think Bill is going to no show....at least that's what his wife said.  :bigsmyl:

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »
No show???  Jeez, the guy misses one target last month....granted, there was absolutely no explanation for that miss; none whatsoever....but still, he shouldn't feel he can't show his face at Dixie this month    :saywhat:  I really think he needs a firm talking to, you know, by somebody who can get inside his head and crawl around a bit.......anybody got his number?

Bill, if you're listening....ya gotta learn to leverage these things.....for instance, you could tell your wife that your attendance at Dixie this weekend and her invitation to a certain crustaceous event later this summer are inexorably linked....  :bigsmyl:

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »
Bill hasn't shot the last 2 Monday nights at Cool Springs either. Maybe he's just too good for us common folk now.  :archer:  

I think he's just trying to avoid paying Joe for the fancy score keeping!   :biglaugh:  

Burley, look us up when you get there Sat. We will be camping, I have a Silver Tacoma, and will be shooting my ACS.

Allen

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »
I really hope I can leave early but it doesn't look good.My boss is gone and I have to be there to close.I am looking forward to the shoot,miss camping and the gang.See ya'll there!
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
Doc,
I've been hearing voices inside my head for a lot longer than I've known you!  Lately they've been telling me to choose my friends more carefully  ;)  
Sorry Monday night gang, but it will be 3 weeks for me as a no show.  I know you always look forward to my coaching tips,and worship my every step (especially you Allen), but do your best to get by without me.  
I'm still working on Dixie plans. I may come down early Sunday morning.  Do you think you will all stick around long enough Sunday to make it worthwhile?
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
Gosh Bill, it's just not the same on Monday night without you.....REALLY

I'm sure we will shoot a round or 3 on Sunday as welll. Get there early and you can cook us breakfast.  :goldtooth:

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
Hey Springers...Looks like if all is well I will be able to bolt from here @ 3:30,as long as there are no problems.A.S., I will be concurring with you this week on what kinda menu we should think of.Maybe I'll see ya"ll tonite.Bring a raincoat or we'll just sat on the porch and talk about Bill and his lack of love for us.OOPs..Sorry Bill I didn't mean that,just slipped out.
 As for your lessons,Allen has taken over and he does a grrrreat job,don't worry i will keep you as a back up..LOL..Seriously..we do miss ya..Hope to see you on Sunday,the griddle will be waiting for ya....

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
Hey All, I will be bringing all four Teenagers again....   :scared:   I'm still stoking the Traditional fires.  We should arrive Friday evening around dark thirty.  After camp set up maybe we can have a little informal coon shoot on the bales.  I'll bring some reflective tacks and a flash light.  My wife Becky will not be with me.  She has surgery on the following Monday and needs to rest up.  Looks like some warm weather.  Should be a great rendevous.  

Mr. Luke Warm Springer....(Bill)  Please come back on Monday nights.  I have attempted to keep Allen amused, but alas he thrives on competition.  Now don't get me wrong... Danny's a great shot also,  But Allen gets all happy getting under your skin.  You should never have beaten him last year.   It will take many more victories before he is avenged.  Get your brownie points for going to the wedding on Saturday.  lord knows we all need them come hunting season.  Hope to see you on Sunday.

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Guys, guys, guys, it's not all about winning.

:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

YEA IT IS!!!

Looks like a rain out tonight, bummer

Online Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Hi guys,
I came home tonight and had a package waiting for me!  My newly camo dipped bow and quiver were awaiting.  Now I know how Allen feels about once a month  :p   If the old girl shoots as well as she looks, look out everyone!  Now I'll surely have to make Dixie so yall can see it.
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 06:11:00 AM »
I knew you were in hiding for some reason, Bill.

Figured it was that or you were in some Olympic training camp in Korea trying to master your archery yen or yang or something.   :archer:  

See you Sunday.

Offline sethdiggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
Me and my dad(Andy Diggs) plan on attending on Saturday. This will be our first official trad 3D shoot. Is there anything we need to know about dixie as first timers. Will there be vendors there? Are there a lot of people that are camping friday night and does it cost anything to camp and can you camp if your not a club member? Any basic information about the shoot that isn't listed on their website would be appreciated.
Damon Howatt Coronado 60" 45#@28

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Hey Seth, Camping is free and primative.  You do not need to be a member.  The targets are put out Sat morning.  So, registration and shooting begins after 9:00 am.  Look forward to meeting you and your Dad.  Look for the Cool Springs Gang.  We show up from Charlottesville.  Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline sethdiggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, sounds like it will be a great time.
Damon Howatt Coronado 60" 45#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©