INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bow setup help?  (Read 277 times)

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow setup help?
« on: February 02, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
I'm over here in Rice (a suburb of Farmville.. or Farmvegas as we like to call it). I was wondering if there was any one close to me that is a setup guru for long bows. I really would like to learn.
"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Offline spears mt bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow setup help?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
hi bullet, i live in buckingham co. i shoot recurves and longbows, but may not be to much help tuning one. the 1st weekend in may, huntnskak in goochland will have a trad only weekend, with byron ferguson there. if you can wait that long youll probably have all the help you can get there.

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
Tx, that sounds fun but I really want to shoot now lol.
"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »
Joseph, I am off of work this Friday Saturday and Sunday.  If you want to get together I will show you what I know.  As of right now I don't have any plans other than making some Jerky.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
You the man Ron. If you shoot me you Phone # I will call you and we can set something up. I have a new string and shelf pads coming in. Maybe have a new grip put on if I get the stuff by then.
Thanks

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
Bob,
I don't want to ruin your set-up session but if Ron is making jerky, P L E A S E  don't interrupt....just let him make it. Once you taste it you'll understand, LOL!
Seriously, you'll be in good hands.
Good luck,
Bob
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
Why do you think I'm really going. I would rather eat Jerky then almost anything else. My wife has to clean the oven every few weeks

Offline spears mt bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
bob, do you currently shoot a compound or are you just getting in to archery or what?

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
I shot a compound around 10 years ago. Just got my first real bow today.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©