INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: S.T.A.R. Shoot- 2009  (Read 1350 times)

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: S.T.A.R. Shoot- 2009
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
I will be buying a few...  ;)
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline gretchen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Peachey, a flock is only a few Moses took a multitude.

Dewayne
Lord help me when I aim!!

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
Less than six weeks to go......
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »
Looks like we are going to have two bows to give away again this year, just like we did last year, curtesy of Lancaster Archery Supply. We draw shooter's score cards for all of our door prizes so everyone has an equal chance to win. Additionally, we will be raffling off the Crow Creek, built to the winner's specifications.

Offline gretchen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
Cant wait,this should be a great time.Always enjoy this shoot.Good people good shootin'.

Dewayne
Lord help me when I aim!!

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
The Cool Springs Gang will be there when the gates open on friday with two pop up campers and ready to fling a few arrows with you fellars.See ya'll there......
-Danny
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
I've got / we have our local "Relay for Life" to support/attend to Friday evening, so...... I'll will be on the road Saturday morning... headed towards STAR!

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
I'll have a handful of Crow Creek raffle tickets saved for you David (just a limited number sold).  You can find me at the Toughman Course to pick them up.  $20 for five tickets and $5 to shoot the Toughman.  Bring a straight arrow and you could make money on this deal - "Toughman" is only a name, it's really an easy little course this year.....

Looking forward t seeing everyone!
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline redblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
really want to come how far away is the campgroud from where the shoot is held thanks for the info and hope to see you ron and adam.

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
Hope to make it...you Cool Springs guys save me a camping spot.  Just need two trees...gonna try out a new Hennesy hammock (aka a "bear burrito").  Are there bears in them thar hills?  :scared:

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »
Hey Doc.... If the PINATA hammock doesn't work out we can stuff it full of plastic and shoot at it....  :biglaugh:   When are you going to get there?

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
Friday pm is doubtful; probably'll leave early Sat am, with ETA yet to be determined...hopefully before 9.  

You think this hammock is big enough for you to hit?

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
Touche    :notworthy:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »
redblood, the camping is right there at the shoot. Looking forward to visiting with you eastern boys. Steve

Online R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Spent a good portion of the day out at the club today getting things shaped up for you guys.  Cut all of the brush and limbs back off on “C” range.  We have posted paper animals on that range the past couple of years, just for fun shooting, but not a lot of the guys have been shooting on it. You ought o use it for a warm up for the 3-D. I don’t know if the ranges are tough and just tire you guys out or if you just aren’t aware of the paper animals.

A lot of guys calling and e-mailing about the field course.  Seems a lot of you have never shot one before and are a little intimidated.  We will have people available to guide you through the first 6-8 targets until you get the hang of it. I personally love shooting field archery. I can shoot for a couple of hours on a 3-D course and shoot 25-30 arrows.  Shoot a Field course and you shoot 112.   A lot of bang for your money.  Don’t forget, even if you don’t shoot the field course for score, put you name on the score card and  turn it in. I draw from all of the score cards for the doors prizes, including new bows.

We still have some of the raffle tickets for the Custom Crow Creek but I imagine that they will sell out pretty quick.  If you want in that raffle buy your ticket sooner than later.

We are sitting up a special area for the kiddies to shoot this year.  We have set up our indoor range for them the past couple of years but I believe they will have more fun shooting outside like the “Big Guys”.

Don’t forget the blanket swap on Saturday at 4:00.  It will be held in our indoor range, rain or shine. Last year got rained on but  I managed to pick up some good deals the year before.  Clean out your closets and bring some quality junk for us to squabble over.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by paradocs:
Friday pm is doubtful; probably'll leave early Sat am, with ETA yet to be determined...hopefully before 9.  

You think this hammock is big enough for you to hit?
OUCH    :biglaugh:

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »
DOUBLE OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait hope to be there @ noon on Friday.

Doc..you can string up between the two pop ups that way you can be protected from two sides(HAHA),well the snoring on Nooks side might be a bit loud,me on the other is quiet as a mouse.LOL..  :knothead:  See ya'll there @ the  :campfire:
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John

Online Nook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Hey Doc, If you wake up and smell peanut butter. It wasn't me that spread it under your hammock.
Come on Friday...  Are we there yet.

Hey Bill,  My clothing is sprayed with Permanone.  I will not require your services.    :eek:
PBS Regular

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
Bill the ultimate tick retriever....Tanks Pal...
Sad that a simple gesture cause so much harassement,I could've been biten by that tick%$%^^..LOl  :notworthy:

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »
I'm just here for the laughs guys. Come back Friday, I'll be performing all weekend.  :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©