INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: I love my back yard!  (Read 231 times)

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
I love my back yard!
« on: November 02, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »

So.. today... a bit before 7 this morning (02 Nov. '08)... 6 does crossed the woodline going to their known bedding area.  (The wood line is 103 yards from my back porch.)  Well, out from the woods comes a good lookin spiker "lookin for love".  The two big/mature does quickly left the scene.  The four remaining yearling does were a bit flustered, and unsure.  In short, it looked like the youngins were still not ready for true love.  Soooooo, the buck went back into the woods ... in search (I can only assume) for true love.

The kicker... time has not been on my side, and I've only had the chance to go out hunting 3 times (for only a few hours at a time).  Yeah, when I go into the woods, I do see one or two deer, but no shots so far.  Then, when I come home... I've got deer bedded down in my front yard, or playing in the back field.  (My wife would cut off my lower anatomy parts if I took those deer.)  When I practice - on my range in the woods - I have to wait till the real deer move away from the deer and other targets so I shoot!  Life...it's not fair.  Sighhhhhhhhh.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I love my back yard!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
Come on Dave, yopu have to be the king of your castle!! Get out there and to some population control!!! LOL

Good luck and stay safe,
Allen

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
Our sub-division has legal covenants stating "no shooting, or hunting".  Shooting is defined as the use of "guns" because of the young kids/teenagers, and livestock.  And, hunting…..well, common sense plays here.

So... it's really no big deal. I'll just wait, and when the neighborhood gets ticked (because bambi is raking their favorite tree, or eating their newly planted flowers)... then I'll "suggest" we change “the laws”.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline 3blades

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
Out of sight out of mind.   :eek:
but always better to play by the rules.   :thumbsup:
60's Bear Cub    45#@28"
Samick Stingray  50#@28"
Hickory self bow 55#@28"
HH Big 5 Longbow 65#@28"
Bears paw T/D LB 75#@28"