INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Public Land bear areas?  (Read 226 times)

Offline rugerbh103

• Trad Bowhunter
Public Land bear areas?
« on: August 17, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
Ha anyone done any bear hunting on our public lands? I have been looking at a trip to the Rapidan WMA, but have never been there before. Has anyone been there or had any luck. Any tips would be helpful and more than welcome. Thanks for any pointers.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public Land bear areas?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 06:31:00 AM »
I'd say that is probably your best bet. I've never beat hunted there, but live near it and go there quite often to flyfish. That whole mountain is LOADED with bears!

Good luck with them!

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public Land bear areas?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
Grew up near the WMA.{Syria}.There are so many places to go.Go to the County ofc and get a map of the area.I teel you now to do the best hunting is to hike way in.Alot of locals don't fool with it any more.Most out of towners just hunt off the Rapidan Road.Fork Mountain has always held more bear and big bucks.
Doubletop Mtn is good hunting as well,which will be on your left as you go up the mtn.My family grew up in those hills and there are alot of good hunting spots..some secret of course..Good luck and be safe.
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©