INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Archery clubs and ranges in Virginia  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Dave Stein

• Trad Bowhunter
Archery clubs and ranges in Virginia
« on: March 19, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »
If you know of an archery range or club in the Commonwealth of Virginia please post here. This way everyone can find out where the ranges and clubs are and hopefully we can increase their membership so they can remain in business for us all to enjoy.

Dave
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES:

If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives; then you'll be afraid to cough.

Offline Dave Stein

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery clubs and ranges in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
Here is the link to the one traditional club that I know of in Northern Virginia. I believe there is one in the Richmond area but I don't know the name. If anyone can help out and post the name and website that would be great. Hopefully we can help increase their membership and keep them going.

http://www.geocities.com/tradbowva/

If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives; then you'll be afraid to cough.

Offline Dave Stein

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »
(This was originally posted by "String Cutter" on another post)

Don't know of any all Trad. Bow Clubs down here.( Powhatan 1/2 hour SW of Richmond) But  www.dixiebowmen.org  has a shoot once a month on Sats. for Trad guys. and Sundays for Compounders. They are located near Petersburg, about an hour south of Richmond... Also think they Have a 3 day get together ( rondavo? sp) I think in June.... Real nice guys.
I'll be moving down there in a 5-6 weeks and plan to join if'n they'll have me.

Offline Dave Stein

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
Northern Virginia Archers (NORVA) located in southern Fairfax County.

http://www.northernvirginiaarchers.org/home1.html

Offline Dave Stein

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »
IWLA-Cub Run Archers located in Centreville, Virginia (Fairfax County).

www.arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org

Offline Dave Stein

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
I copied this from Archery Talk the other day...

Autumn Moon archery is the name of the newest all traditional club in Va. We will hold our first shoot on Saturday and Sunday, April 22, and 23. We will have forty targets and the cost is $10.00. Food will be available. Directions, We are in Floyd county between Christiansburg and Salem. Take HW 460 to Shawsville and turn on Alleghaney spring road at the new Meadowbrook library. Stay on that untill the Floyd county line where the name will change to Shawsville Pike. Go two more miles and we are at 2092 Shawsville Pike. For any questions contact. Darryl Payne 540-651-6083 or darrylpayne@hotmail.com Hope to see you there.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »
Saw this on an area info webpage.  Haven't been there or anything but the local pro shop says they're a trad club.

The Sherwood Archers club maintains target facilities and competitive events for archers and bow hunters on club property in the Hanging Rock area. The facilities include three outdoor ranges and an indoor range. A contact is Jimmy Brugh, 254-2490.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »
Bowhunters of Rockingham is one of the largest and oldest club in Va.Not very many current members shoot trad but a few of us do and shoot at the 3d's.Be glad to see any other trad shooters join us. Located near Harrisonburg. Va., between Winchester and Roanoke.
 We are having a Bowhunters Rendevous,09/16-09/17. As I say mostly wheels but ALL bowhunters welcome. PM me if interested or for directions.
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »
http://tba3d.com/index.8_futuretourneydates  .... Tidewater
 http://www.kingsboro.bizland.com/index.html   ....Kingsboro
 http://www.dixiebowmen.org/index.html  ....Dixie Bowmen
The next shoot is at Tidewater (Sunday)Aug 6
then
Kingsboro (Saturday) Aug. 12
then
Dixie Bowmen (Saturday) Aug 26
then
Tidewater again (Sunday) Sept. 3
then
Kingsboro again (Sunday) Sept. 10
then
Dixie Bowmen again ( Saturday) Sept. 16

Hope this helps all of you in the Eastern part of the state.
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline d-fong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
I am the president of Augusta Archers in Staunton, VA 2 miles east of exit 222 I-81 we are going to have our first annual all traditonal 3-D June 2nd and 3rd 2007. We also are having Fri night shoots every fri night at 7:30pm with a indoor shooter of the year program with a $3 going into the pot for every shooter that shoots in there class for 12 weeks. The best 8 combined scores at the end of the 12 weeks wins the pot. We have camping avalible and motels within 2 miles of the club. This club was formed in the early 1950's by traditional archers before compounds were invented. We have some traditional archers but i Would love to see many more. Any suggestions that would attract more traditional archers would be greatly apprecated. Thank You. Web site augustaarcherssite.com   :thumbsup:

Offline Killdeer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »
I read the rules above and was somewhat puzzled by this: "..range or club in the commonwealth of Virginia that allows traditional equipment to be used." I can't imagine that there would be an archery club that  didn't  allow trad equipment! I pulled this list off of the VBA site.

http://www.geocities.com/~vbarchers/new_page_5.htm

At NORVA the only equipment barred would be the crossbow.  :archer:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Flathead Willie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 04:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
I read the rules above and was somewhat puzzled by this: "..range or club in the commonwealth of Virginia that allows traditional equipment to be used." I can't imagine that there would be an archery club that  didn't  allow trad equipment! I pulled this list off of the VBA site.

http://www.geocities.com/~vbarchers/new_page_5.htm  

At NORVA the only equipment barred would be the crossbow.   :archer:  
Thanks! I just found three clubs within a 30 minute drive from the house in the list you provided.
Some people climb to the top of the ladder only to find that it is leaning on the wrong wall!

Offline Flathead Willie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »
Killdeer, the Email address for Sherwood Archers of Roanoke didn't work. I guess they changed their ISP. Three of the others I tried worked and I'm waiting for a reply. Thanks again.
Some people climb to the top of the ladder only to find that it is leaning on the wrong wall!

Offline R.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
Here is a link to the Sherwood Archery Club and a flyer for the S.T.A.R. shoot in June.

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/Traditional.html

Offline R.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
Sherwood archers in Roanoke Virgina has a 28 target field course, practice targets from 10-80 yards, a 20 yard indoor range with bathroom and kitchen facilities. We hold at least one 3-D shoot once a month on SAt. & Sun. We currently have 130 members and about 25 or so of them are traditional shooters.  We usually try to get out to the range and start shooting at 8:00 or so on the 3-D shoots to get out ahead of the wheelie guys.  We  also have a 14 target animal round that is set up all of thetime. A bunch of the traditional guys get together and shoot it or shoot indoors regularily.

Here is a link to the Sherwood Archery Club and a flyer for the S.T.A.R. shoot in June.

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/Traditional.html

Offline VAshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
Here is a great link I use for shoots. Little Mountain has a great shoot, that we attend when we can.

http://www.odproshops.com/shootarchery.htm

Offline Snatchl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »
http://www.geocities.com/tradbowva

The above URL is the new website for the Traditional Bowhunters of Virginia.

Offline valongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »
I'm going to try and talk wythe bowhunters in wytheville and sportsman supply in hillsville to have a couple of all traditional shoots this year.Alan

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
i dont think there are many eastern shore of va archers, but the range i shoot at the most is "eastern shore outfitters".  they have a 20 yard indoor range and have spots shoots in the fall and spring.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Timberghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
Hello All.

I will be in the Tidewater Area - Norfolk/Newport News the weekend of 21 Mar 09.  Will there be a 3D shoot close by that weekend? I'd like to attend and compete if possible.  Thanks in advance for any info to help.

Sincerely,

Donnie Kinard
>>>>>------------------------->
dkinard@ibior.com
The toughest thing I've found about deer hunting is getting them to hold still long enough for me to stick an orange spot on them and then step off the yardage...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©