INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Anyone near Mobile/Baldwin Co.  (Read 2031 times)

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone near Mobile/Baldwin Co.
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
I had a relly great time at John's house on Saturday.A lot of people missed out on the deer sausage and the baconburgers!John has a beautifull home with a big backyard and wonderfull neighbors who joined us for shooting.Thanks John looking forward for the next time we all meet.
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
I got to come by after you left and shoot some. Hate I missed you, but had unexpected family in town. We'll do it again soon though.  Maybe I can get my buddy to set up some targets on his property and we can have some real long range stuff soon. He's a good guy as well, ya'll would enjoy him.

Dave

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
Yet another succesfull gathering at John's house.Thanks for the hospitality.Also it was nice trying other peoples bows.

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 02:13:00 AM »
For sure! Even though I was yet again unsuccessful at getting a 100lb longbow to full draw and anchor... Still fun to give it a try, and I did hit the target twice with it.  That lil longbow of yours is a pleasure to shoot as well.  

We got a fantastic crew down here, we need to get in touch with the ASTB to get a local chapter started, then travel to a shoot or two up in Birmingham and have some fun.

Offline Barker45

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
I grew-up in Montrose/Daphne.  If/when I make it back home I'll have to look y'all up.
Die Prügel geht weiter, bis die Moral sich verbessert!

Offline STL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Hi guys, I haven't been on here in a while, but I just logged in to ask about traditional guys in Baldwin County, and low and behold I spotted this thread!  My family and I are relocating to Bay Minette in the next week, and we were hoping to find some fellow stick shooters down that way!  

We can't wait to get settled in and start shooting (and fishing) down south.  We're currently a bit farther north in Dadeville, AL.

Dan

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 01:50:00 AM »
Saweet man, we got an awesome group of guys spread from spanish fort to foley. We shoot some weekends when we can stand the sweat and heat. Always have a good time. Look us up when you get down here. Pm me and ill give you my number.

Dave

Offline Marquero

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
Any of you LA guys heading up to the pre-spring fling at Tannehill later this month?  Kim and I are planning to go up there to check it out.  Let me know if anyone would like to catch a ride.

Best,

Mark
"Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself."  

-D.T. Suzuki (1870-1966) from Zen in the Art of Archery

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
So yesterday Mark,me and John went to shoot at a night time 3d shoot with some nice fellows that shoot compounds.It is their range but they made us feel most welcome.Apparently those fellows shoot every Monday and once a month they have a night shoot.Had fun and will go again.Thanks to Marquero for bringing them to my attention.

Offline STL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Hi guys; well, we moved down in August and just haven't got around to shooting much.  Broke out the bow yesterday and flung some arrows (not very accurately!), but boy did it feel good!  We're hoping to get back into it.  Work and this dang fun inshore fishing down here has been cutting into our free time!

Would like to hook up with some of you sometime to fling some arrows; my 10 year old son is getting the itch again as well (and hopefully my 6 year old daughter will fall in with us).  Posted on the Pensacola thread in the other place and remembered this post!

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Good deal STL.  We get together and shoot once in a while at one of our houses and there have been a few tournaments up near Atmore, though are pretty much done for summer.  I was told by one of the members who puts on the tourneys that a couple more would be scheduled near hunting season to help everyone get ready. Those tournaments are a load of fun as well, with everyone shooting mixed equipment, compound and trad.

Mark and Christos, I have gotta get there with yall some time.  John told me how much fun yall had.

dave

Offline Tinkergnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
Hey guys i know it is a wee bit away from the Alabama side as it is a bit of a drive from Pensacola but there is the choctaw bowmen club it is on 85 a bit north of Niceville and it appears that they let the trad guys play a little too.  http://www.choctawbowmen.com/Choctaw-Bowmen-Archery-Club.php

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
Thanks Tinkergone.It is though as you said a big drive and most of the guys that we hang out and shoot occasionally,have kids and very limited time.

Offline Tracker2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »
I just moved to PENSACOLA FL. Only about 45 min from Baldwin Co.

Offline Tracker2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2013, 12:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by STL:
Hi guys, I haven't been on here in a while, but I just logged in to ask about traditional guys in Baldwin County, and low and behold I spotted this thread!  My family and I are relocating to Bay Minette in the next week, and we were hoping to find some fellow stick shooters down that way!  

We can't wait to get settled in and start shooting (and fishing) down south.  We're currently a bit farther north in Dadeville, AL.

Dan
I had a Great time meeting DAN (STL) and his family! Good afternoon of grilling, shooting, and sharing stores! Makes me feel at home talking to fellow stick bow shooters who share the same passion. Just moved down Wisconsin and it sure is nice to meet others!

Cheers

Tracker 2   :bigsmyl:

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Good deal guys, the rest of our little group hasn't  had a whole lotta chances to get together as several have small kids and a busy summer. Maybe we can all get together soon wih some recent hunting stories and fresh kill on the grill.

Dave

Offline STL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
Tracker-we really enjoyed it too!  I've got a great deal of respect for you and how you are working towards your career.  We will definitely have to get together again and do some shooting!  The kids really enjoyed meeting and shooting with you, too!

Dave-I can relate (I've got a 10 year old, a 7 year old, and a busy job like most!), but I do want to meet y'all sometime.  El Greco called me a while back, but I was not able to make it down to meet then.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

I'm amazed that there is no traditional archery (or even non-traditional)club in Baldwin County; it's such a large area with a seemingly increasing amount of shooters in it!

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Likewise STL, we'll get it done! I love meeting no wheels shooters, never know what you'll learn. Plus folks Ive met here are just flat out nice in general.

Dave

Offline BearFinattic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
hello all, great site, nice to be here. I was pleased to see some folks in my area. I primarily compound hunt but I am interested in the traditional thing. I own an older nice Ben Pearson recurve and I am looking to build a self bow.

Thanks for having me. If their are any bowyers in my area let me know, Id love some advice from those experienced.

Offline Wallydog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Ill be down that way at Christmas time to visit my son who recently moved there. Im goint to look the area over for retirement (hunt, fish, grill,cold beer,repeat). Whats the main prey down that way?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©