INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Moving To Montgomery  (Read 624 times)

Online Fat Daddy

• Trad Bowhunter
Moving To Montgomery
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Hello all,

I am a member of the Canadian Air Force and I have recently received orders that will have me stationed to Montgomery (Maxwell AFB) this summer.  I am an avid traditional bowhunter and 3D shooter and was wondering if there are any clubs in the area.  I have already worn thin the E-pages of the hunting and fishing regulations and my two young sons (5 and 7yrs) are anxious to get to Alabama to fish for largemouth and to accompany dad on many days of hunting.

I guess what I am looking for is any information that might point me in the right direction so that I might be able to get on the right foot when we relocate in June.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might reply with any information.

My best to all of you,

Offline STL

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Moving To Montgomery
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
Hi FD, I want to welcome you to Alabama!  It's a great place to live.  I live in Dadeville which is about an hour northeast of Montgomery.  

There's an archery range up here in Alexander City, and there's also one in Waverly.  I know there's probably several closer to you but I'm not sure of their names/locations.  You can search for 'Bowhunters of Alabama' for a list of general 3-D clubs in our state.  ASTB (Alabama Society of Traditional Bowmen)has a good site that lists all the ASTB sanctioned traditional only shoots.  Terry Harris (T Harris on here and the LW) hosts some of the best traditional shoots up at Tannehill State Park.  The Howard Hill Southeastern Classsic will be the first week in June if you're here by then.

I have two kids (8 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter) that love to shoot and want to get into more tournaments this year (thank God!), so maybe we can get together and shoot sometime.  Let me know if I can help in any way.  

Sincerely,
Dan

Online Fat Daddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Dan,

Thanks for the welcome and the information.  

Sounds like there are lots of shoots to go to.  I look forward to it.  Both of my boys shoot longbows and I am sure that they would love to meet your kids to have fun shooting together at a 3D event.

Right now it looks as though I will be arriving in Montgomery in early June, my family might be some time later due to school for the kids not ending here until the end of June.  

Once we are settled in I will send you and email and let you know.  Hopefully we can meet up to introduce ourselves in person.

Thanks again for the infomation.

My best,

FD

Offline STL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
Great--that sounds good!  I hope you all have a safe move, and we look forward to some fun shootin'!

Dan

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
Fat Daddy welcome to Alabama I live up in Wetumpka about 45 min. out on Montgomery the closest archery club to you I think is Autauga bow hunters outside of Prattville. When you get settled shoot me an email or post a PM.....stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Online Fat Daddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 03:18:00 AM »
Stabow,

We should be arriving the first week of June or so.  I report for duty the 13th. I will shoot you an email once in town.

Thanks for the information.

FD

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
Did you ever get moved in?.....stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©