INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Talladega National Forest?  (Read 575 times)

Offline Karl Kortemeier

• Trad Bowhunter
Talladega National Forest?
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
Hello folks,

New to site.  I have 3 acres in the Talladega National Forest.  I have been slowly building a small cabin on the property.  Due to being busy with the work, I have not had much time to hunt yet.  It is near Munford/Cheaha State Park/Salt Creek area.  Does anyone have any experience hunting the area?  I have not seen a lot of deer sign near the roads, but I plan on doing more exploring in the coming year.  Also, there seems to be a lot of dog hunting for deer in the area.  I am not sure how this affects the situation.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:archer2:  

Thank you

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Talladega National Forest?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
I hunt Talledega National Forest..the part of it that is in Calhoun county...if you wanna see deer here your gonna have to walk deep in the woods and get away from roads and people..the deer are heavily pressured and very skiddish! Good luck because those mountains get very tiring  :)
*COMING SOON* Bama Hunter Longbow #53 @ 28"

2 Timothy 1:7- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Offline Karl Kortemeier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:51:00 AM »
Great to hear from you. We are in Talladega County.   I have been doing exactly that: going deep in the woods.  This season I am going out mainly with the idea of exploring the woods.  I have found a few spots that I will concentrate on next year. Do you do anything differently because of the dog hunters?  Also,  Have you spent anytime in the Cheaha Wilderness Area?

Thank you

Offline A811

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
No time in Cheaha bud.. but there arent any dog hunters in my area but if there was I would hunt escape routes... be set up so that if dogs come into that area that deer will most likely take the route by you out of there
*COMING SOON* Bama Hunter Longbow #53 @ 28"

2 Timothy 1:7- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Offline Karl Kortemeier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Good idea about escape routes.  I am going over next weekend, and my son and I are going to do a little exploring in the wilderness area.  There are so many dog hunters around me that it is a little frustrating.  Maybe I will have to come over to Calhoun County  :)  .  I also think that I will concentrate my deer hunting to bow season.  The dogs are not out yet.  Turkey season is another matter, plenty of 'em over here.  I am only going to take my bow this year.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©