INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Longhammock campfire thread  (Read 3615 times)

Online gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Lossing arrows since 1966
Re: Longhammock campfire thread
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »
........Happy 4th of July......

Painted a new set of 4th of July, red white and blue Beman centershots...

The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. - gnome

My opinions come from experience, common sense, and scar tissue. - gnome
Proverbs 21:9,19

Online Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2020, 07:07:45 PM »
looks like those new limbs are working well for you.

Online gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2020, 04:21:24 PM »
A big thanks to Rob for letting me and Tom hog hunt Friday evening.  We were able to get in after the noon showers, and man is it wet back there.   We setup along an east/west fence line, with fence and swamp to our back, and feed plot to the north.  About an hour or so in I could hear a slow rustle and low soft grunts behind us, then a retreat.  The fence line was to thick to see through, and never got to eyeball one, but   I’d bet they were looking for a way in other than the road, that was knee deep, suck the boots off your feet, muck, after all the rain this week.   

This was the first time I have tried to get back in the woods to hunt in many years….  I have been walking a lot better this year… I’ve been able to complete a longhammock shoot without a cane…. Yea….  But this trip has shown me that I’m gonna need to seriously realign my, “I think I can”, with my ,“I really can”….

20 minutes before dead dark, we pulled-up seats, and I wanted to walk down the fence line real quick, to see if they had a pass through somewhere, or some signs of their travel routs….. Well that didn’t work out so good… but I always have to know where my point of failure is…. Now I know…happy/unhappy at the same time..... Determination won’t always get you there…. But with out it you go nowhere...
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. - gnome

Online gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »
   There was a good turnout  on Sunday….   there were three groups on the course before lunch…. The first group were the serious ASA guys, they got an early start and were three station from finishing when the last group started.  The Last group is most always “the shoot an arrow between stories group”…. We got lapped by the by the first group; they got back to camp and  decided to go around again and leap froged us…. The middle group were the hunters,  they were the smartest…… one round, and beer time…..

We are now shooting a 29 target course, from 13 stations….   Twice around for 58 …. It’s like shooting a  tournament ….  only better…. You get a great lunch too….

Mark and Kara were there…. Mark is getting around after knee surgery, but is still really sore…. Kara made a set of hand crested, and feather spliced arrows in a classic brown for him, and they are absolutely gorgeous.  On the nock end she put a “thin blue line”, in support of our law enforcement….. to me, that is beyond cool….  I really like shooting with her…. Group IQ doubles when she’s there…. (and yes, I wish to be quoted on that!  :goldtooth:  ).     

Next shoot is Sunday, 07/26 /2020 ..... With TBOF officially cancelled,  come shoot the new targets...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:32:29 PM by gnome »

Online Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2020, 04:27:28 PM »
Thanks for the update. It sounds like the new targets are the bomb  :notworthy:  :notworthy: I hope to come down for the next L.H. shoot.  I have only been able to shoot a bow 2 times this year.

Online gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
    Rob grilled venison tenderloin to a perfect medium rare, and sliced it into rounds….. OMG….. I’ve never had a steak that good…damn near didn’t need teeth…. Plenty of good sides, with deep fried corn nuggets,  and jalapeno poppers…. Grand-Paw!?,... what’s for dinner?…

A huge 3D traditional archery course, good friends, and a Sunday hunt-camp lunch….. It really can’t get any better on dry land….

Turnout was very light, so we all shot in one big group…. Everyone shot the first 3 stations really well, and held it together,... mostly,... ‘till the leopard at station 7….. by then we all had started talking way more than we were shooting….. and that is only the half way point….. when no one notices, everybody has already shot, for 5 minutes, before somebody says all-in?….. that’s a fun shoot…..

With such a small showing, I can not help but worry about all of the faces we have not seen in a while, and no way of knowing how they are doing …. I hope everyone is safe and well……
 Not naming names(cough,,cough), but I miss the broccoli salad,….. you know who you are...  :goldtooth:

Online gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2020, 08:47:20 AM »
The next Sunday longhammock shoot will be August 9, 2020. 

I will admit I’m the first one to chicken little, at the first sign of anything…. Part of my   “second mouse gets the cheese”  outlook on life….. also, don’t ever be an “early worm”…...they get eaten…. Just say’n….
    but even I feel pretty safe at these shoots…. we’re outside, spaced out,  and it’s probably safer than grocery shopping... 

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©