INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: DIY Pronghorn, public land  (Read 597 times)

Online J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
DIY Pronghorn, public land
« on: July 15, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
Hello Nebraskans,

My name is Jeremy.  I've got the itch to hunt the pronghorn.  I was originally thinking about an outfitter in WY.  But I've hunted Nebraska, have family roots from Nebraska and overall love the state.

I know up in the Sandhill region there are pronghorn.  I'm specifically looking at taking the outfitter money I would spend and coming out the NE to hunt them on my own, on public land.

I'm wondering if anyone has hunted them on public land and if so where.  Also what is the bowhunting pressure like on the public land where the pronghorn run?

I appreciate the help and this hunt is not for this season but for the 2014 season.  Thanks!

-Jeremy   :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DIY Pronghorn, public land
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Your best bet would be the extreme NW corner. Lots of public ground and even private property not that hard to get permission.

Online J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DIY Pronghorn, public land
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:29:00 AM »
Thank you Eric!
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©