INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bunny hunt or get together?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
Bunny hunt or get together?
« on: December 08, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Hey everybody. Good hunting season? I have been on different forums and keep reading posts about guys in other states getting together for bunny, squirrel hunts ect... Has anyone from Nebraska ever tried putting something together. I'm thinking after the first of the year would be awesome. Just need some guys willing to get together and a place to go.

Offline Big Riser

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bunny hunt or get together?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
Eric ,the guys from the string shoot go bunny huntin often, Randy and Brain.Dont forget the pheasant hunt in jan.
Frank

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
I'd be interested and so would the other 6 er 8 guys I know that shoot trad around here. We usually do a few bunny hunts together each year. Years past we've all been at the NTA pheaant hunts too but we've done some on our own too that were fun. Let me know when and where etc.. and I'll round up the boys
Todd
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
Todd I'm from Beemer and live in Lincoln now. If you guys have a place up there I could stay at parents house. I don't have any place or date in mind. Just sounded like a lot of fun. Have you guys tried Powderhorn? Haven't hunted there for quite some time.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Yep thats where we've gone in the past or dead timber, never have seen a lot of bunnies but we have lots of fun. We've gone down to two rivers too cause some or most of the guys live in or around Omaha. No matter where we go it'll be fun plus we all like meeting other guys that like doing it the hard way. Some of us are headed to Oklahoma hog hunting in late January, anytime after the end of deer season would probably work. I'll talk to the guys and see what I can set up, last year we bought a bunch of pheasants and did our own pheasant hunt at my place but I'm gonna be moving and wont be able to host it this year but I'm sure we will do it elsewhere. Keep in touch and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks
Todd Duncan
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
I'll have to get in touch with the guys from the NTA too, I havent been able to participate near as much as I would like in the last few years but they're a great group of guys too.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
Todd sounds great. Never thought about dead timber for hunting. When I'm back usually go up to Pilger.

Offline hunter322

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
id like to tag along on a bunny hunt sometime , i live  in lincoln just let me know if you have room for one more.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Tadd, I'm sure there will be room. Where do you shoot in Lincoln?

Offline hunter322

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
somtimes i go to the range on 48th and superior, or i just shoot in my yard or go to a lake or somthing. when i still had my beagles i tried a couple times to shoot rabbits with my bow but never got one and didnt try real hard. but it sounds like fun and i always like to meet other hunters with similar interests.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
I get up there once in a while. Not so much this time of the year. Come spring and summer I try to go at least a couple times a week. If you ever want to get togather and do some shooting let me know. Eric

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »
HEY GUYS, Happy New Year- Deer seasons over, now the bunnies are in for it! Should get a date nailed down soon, there's 5 or 6 of us that are committed and Tadd you're welcome anytime. Walked the Powderhorn and saw lots of sign and a handleful of bunnies so it should be good. Todd

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
Todd
Either of the next 2 weekends look good for me. 10-11 or 17-18.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
Thats what we're shootin for I'll leave a msg here or you can call me @ 402-660-1724.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
What's next weekend looking like for everyone. I've been battling a head cold all this week. With last night's snow this morning would have been good.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
How is next weekend looking for you guys? This weekend would have been nice with the fresh snow but I've been battling a head cold this week.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
I believe next weekend should work at least one of the two days. Everyone has been doing other things and side work etc...I'll see what i can do! Today would have been great, hopefully next weekend will be good as well.

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
Next wknd will definitley work for me!
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
Bunnies Beware!!!

First shot with the new rig!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
Ok for those of you Nebraskans that are interested this coming Saturday is our annual bunny hunt. Lots of laughs to be had and arrows to lose!
We will meet Saturday morning at the Powderhorn say somewhere between 8-9am. Bring food and drinks if you like, I thought weather permitting we may cook out. If anyone has any questions post them here or call me at 402-660-1724.
Todd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©