INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Returning Newbie Arrow Help  (Read 656 times)

Offline Huntsteven

• Trad Bowhunter
Returning Newbie Arrow Help
« on: October 16, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
I had a Black Widow SAIII made in 2001.  At the time I was shooting aluminum arrows and did the bare shaft testing and had it set up.  Well after many years, and no arrows to reference, I'm setting it up again.  I was wondering if I could get some guidance.  There's aluminum, carbon, and wood.  I am open to all 3 types at this point.  The bow will be used for Arkansas Whitetails and stump/target shooting.  The bow specs are 55# @ 28". My draw is 26.5" with that bow (27" with compound).  Broadheads I'm still unsure if I should go 125's or heavier 145-150's.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Returning Newbie Arrow Help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
if you live close to Bonnerdale i can help you I have 4 different sizes of gold tip arrows ,I WOULD TRY 55/75 full length and cut as you go according to bare shaft directions...

Offline bigiron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
so you would be shooting a hair over 50#,,,,, I would try a 2016 with the weight you mentioned or possibly 2117 with a couple hundred grains up front for a real thumper.

Offline Huntsteven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »
That would be great arky but I live in Maumelle. To be so "simple", these things are more complicated than compounds.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©