INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: New to AR and back into Trad Bows  (Read 460 times)

Offline AMMOJOHN

• Trad Bowhunter
New to AR and back into Trad Bows
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
Hello All, I just moved here to Austin AR (closer to Cabot). I have been stationed up at Ellsworth Air Force Base,SD for the last 11 years. I haven't been in the Traditional community in about 15 years to tell the truth. I always wanted to get back into the game- but that was hard to do in Rapid City, SD. Any info about clubs, shoots, trad archery shops, etc would be greatly appreciated! I noticed a few folks here are just down the street from me here!
Thanks,
Its great to be back down south.
Arkansas sure is nice!

Offline Papa

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New to AR and back into Trad Bows
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
The best trad shop in the region is just down the highway from you in Little Rock at Archer's Advantage.  The owner's name is Jerrell.  He is a trad shooter and hunter and can give you all the information that you could ever want.  I must warn you though...if you go to his store, you will come out with a bow.  He has the best selection that I have seen.  There is a great group of guys there.

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »
If I am not mistaken, the Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas is having the spring shoot this Saturday (Mar 1st) at Mayflower. I plan an going and would be happy to shoot with you.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline AMMOJOHN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Hey everyone, thanks for the great info. Archer's advantage sounds like the place to start! I better becareful it sounds like!
Redfish- Oh, I'd love to go sling a few arrows but I'm just getting set back up with some equipment. It may take a few weeks for me to get up and running. I just bought a DH from a member here (Pathfinder). I know I'm gonna like the bow and be ready to go soon!
I'll keep my eyes on this forum- great chatting with you guys!

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:45:00 AM »
I live just up 67 from you in Beebe.  I'd be happy to show you around and hunt Henry Gray with you if you would like.

Hunting on base is good.  Got my biggest buck ever there but have not hunted on base since I retired.  If you do decide to hunt on base you will have to attend a hunter safety briefing.

My photo use to be in a slide on that brief.  Don't know if it still is or not. If it is I'm the guy with glasses sitting on the tailgate posing with my bruiser.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline uglyjake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
I hope that you are finding your way around Arkansas. I am in the Air Force and I live in Cabot.  If you would like to go to Archer's Advantage some day or get together and  shoot give me a call at 941-1454.  There is a club on base.

Arthur

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©