INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Two blade sharpener  (Read 227 times)

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
Two blade sharpener
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
Not a stone man on sharpening with no knowledge of how to do it. Have any of you used the KME broadhead sharpener and would you recommend its use for a rookie like me?
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Two blade sharpener
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
Yes! KME is a great sharpener. I have the broadhead sharpener and the knife sharpener. If you are looking to sharpen both, I would now just buy the knife sharpener, it will do both.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
x2  

it is a really good tool.  Learn to use one and you will see an improvement in sharpness.  Go softly.

ChuckC

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
I think I may buy one and ask for the other from Santa! They also have three grits of stones. Maybe will have to get them also or will the one provided suffice?
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
The set I got (knife sharpener) came with three stones, and I added the coarse diamond stone as well.  That is what I mostly use to start a sharpening and I personally recommend that one, but the coarse stone will work.

See what the set includes.  A coarse stone, in my mind, is most important.  You set the stage with that.  I often use the medium next and that's it, however I can get my Butterfield Brutes to shave a whole strip of hair off my arm in one pass by going thru the several stones, THEN running the heads on a powered cloth polishing wheel.

ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©