INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: WTA State shoot  (Read 509 times)

Offline Dennis L

• Trad Bowhunter
WTA State shoot
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »
Being a newbie to traditional, decided to attend the state shoot this weekend. It was a blast. Met some friends and made some new ones. A great bunch of people. To the group from Wis Rapids, thanks for letting me shoot with you. See you again next year. Will be ready for the alligator next year.

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WTA State shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
Any update on what the qualifying scores were, how many shooters and who won the Sunday shoot? I had a 450 and my buddy had a 445. I don't shoot the competition but always like to see where I would sit amongst the qualifiers.

I had to go home Saturday so I missed all that excitement.

Bill
Aim Small

Offline yeager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
Found out from Sue TerMaat that Russ Johnson came in first, Austin TerMaat second in the mens division.

Like Bill said, had to leave Saturday due to other commitments on Sunday, but super shoot and kudos to all who made it happen.

Bob
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Wisconsin Bowhunter Assoc lifetime member
P&Y Club, Official Measurer

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Also had a good time and don't ever let Orion(Jerry Karbon) tell you he's having a bad shooting day. He nailed that gator twice in his two rounds.

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Bill, You would have qualified easily. The top qualifier was a 490, and while I don't know what the final qualifying score was, it was quite a bit lower. I spent two days there, and thought it was a really nice facility for a shoot. Well run, lots of room for camping and ample woods for the course.

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Congratulations to both Russ and Austin. Sounds like a replay of last years top two with Russ taking it this year (Austin won last year).

Anyone know how the ladies shoot off went?

I agree on the course and facility. Very nice place for a shoot. I enjoy the course and set-up every time I shoot at Sparta. The WTA also did a great job. Makes me glad to be a member.

Thanks,
Bill
Aim Small

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
In the ladies division, I believe Sue TerMaat beat Pam Prahl.
   I don't know the young mans name, but the 15 year old that won the youth division could compete with the adults. He'll be a contender whenever he wants to move up.

Online Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
The young mans name was Mac. Good shot. You could tell he knows what he is doing. He was very methodical setting up his shots. Wish I could remember his last name.

Glad everyone had a good time. I spoke with a guy at the Sparta club. He told me they wanted the state shoot in the hopes of drawing shooters that would not ordinarily come there. They went out of their way to show people a good time. There was two novelty shoots that were free. And the one they charged a buck for three arrows (gator) was 100% pay out. The chicken dinner was good too.

The WTA picked up a number of new members as well. We hope to them on a regular basis in the future.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline yeager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
Greg,

Mac's last name is Murphy from Kenosha Bowmen.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Wisconsin Bowhunter Assoc lifetime member
P&Y Club, Official Measurer

Online Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Thanks, I should have remembered that. I was doing all the scoring for him in the shoot off.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Sherwood Forest

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Hey guys, when is your 2011 shoot and where? Do you have to be a WTA member to shoot? Is so, how much is a membership? Would like to plan a trip across the lake to shoot with you guys, especially Tony Carpenter!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »
Owlbait, I smell trouble brewing. But it is at Tony's expense so what the heck.

Our state shoot is Aug. 6 and 7 at Ojibwa Archers in New Berlin. That is just west of Milwaukee. You need to be a member to shoot the championship round. Tony says save your money, you wouldn't win anyway but if you would any how that would cost $25 to belong to the best state tradition organization in the country. There is free camping at the club and on Sat. I believe they will have their famous pig roast. This is well worth the trip even if Tony splits every arrow you might be lucky enough to get in the ten ring.

http://www.wistradarchers.com/
Sherwood Forest

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
My only goal would to beat Tony on his home grounds and MAYBE a couple of his buddies. I'm not sure if I need a sponsor to join, if so I may be in trouble. I hear and read only great things about the WTA so I would be proud to join if they would have me. I will try to save up for a cross lake trip in August! Thanks Greg.
Mike Gerard  owlbait

Online Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
No sponsor needed Mike. We have other out of state members and always welcome more. Our magazine, the "Stump Shooter" is worth the price of membership right there. Let me know if you are coming or want to make a longer stay out of it. I am in the Milwaukee area and you can stay here. For the shoot I will be camping at the club.
Sherwood Forest

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
Thanks Greg. Now I have to retract an e-mail I sent to Tony! I will look forward to planning a trip this August. Hope to see you at Compton's in June.

Online Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Sorry Mike, we won't be going to Compton this year. My wife (that has now taken up traditional archery) says we are going to Coon Rapids MN instead. I guess I just have to put up that. Somehow I think I will get by.
Sherwood Forest

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Greg, She's a great lady. I will keep in touch. Thanks again for your help.
Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©