INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: WTA State Shoot  (Read 516 times)

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
WTA State Shoot
« on: June 21, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
Just wondering who is going to the shoot in Merill the end of August ?

My Dad and i are going to go for the first time this year.   :thumbsup:
It's a great day to be alive !!

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WTA State Shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »
My hubby and I will be there...had a wonderful time at a shoot up at Rib in 05, the layout is great and will be nice for this year's State shoot.
Looking forward to it.
   :campfire:

Offline schlaggerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
It should be a great weekend and by late August we should have some cool nights, just right for getting us into the hunting mood. The course will be a challenging all big game layout of 20-30 targets with a separate 3-D course for the kids(probably 12-15 targets). Plenty of room for overnight camping, you can arrive on Friday evening if you like. Saturday night meal and bonfire, indoor restrooms, vendors. For those interested in competing in the State Championship you'll need to shoot your qualifying round on Saturday(no qualifying on Sunday) and the top 32 scores will compete in Sunday morning's Championship Shootoffs(head to head competition). Ask anyone who's competed it's verey exciting, a pressure cooker. Hope to see all of you there. Dale A. Klug

Offline schlaggerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
I miss typed the size of the 3-D course. It should have read 28-30 targets. Sorry about that.

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
This will be my first year at the shoot, i'm really looking foward to it ! Is there a camp gor teepes and such or is everybody camping together ?  

Thanks John

Offline schlaggerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
Everyone will be camping in the same general area. No reason teepee or tent campers couldn't get together in one section of the camping area.

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
Sounds good to me, i just didn't know if there was a primitve camp, i think we will be bringing or wall tent up.

Online Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »
I'll be there for sure.  I couldn't make it until after dark on Friday night, so will probably just come up Saturday morning instead and then came that night.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
I will be there on Friday with my Dad, his brother and son who is 10. He is looking for a left handed recurve in the 30-40 # range, so if anybody has one please bring it along.

Thanks John Keehn

Offline mike p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Mike plonsky and family will bee there with the big motorhome!! Everyone is welcome to stop by. my 6 yr old will be making samores for anyone& everyone that will eat them!!
ARCHERY is a way of life!!! If you hate someone give them a traditional bow and they will spend money for years !!!!!!

Offline schlaggerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
Sorry the Stumpshooter hasn't arrived to the members yet with directions to the shoot, we had issues with the printer. For anyone needing directions here they are; Take Hwy 51 north to Exit 211, turn north on Hwy K for 4.5 miles to Schulz Spur Rd., turn left onto Schulz Spur until it dead ends at the club. Hope to see many of you there, sounds like the weather man is going to cooperate. We haven't had the deluge of rain the southern part of the state has gotten so the course is in excellent shape. See you this weekend.

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 12:58:00 PM »
I'll have my Trad Gang shirt on Saturday !

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
I had a great time at the shoot ! Thanks to everybody that put it on.

I would also like to say i got my new stump shooter in the mail, and WOW what a nice change !!

FB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©