INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: TBM Meeting  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
TBM Meeting
« on: February 11, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
We just got back from the Traditional Bowhunters Of Montana Meeting in Butte. Had a great time met some neat pople, & had a very good dinner those of you who didn't go really missed a good event, plans were made for the summer shoot 2nd week in July. We plan to go should be fun & meet more people. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TBM Meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »
It was a good time with excellent food.  The shoot in July will have some excellent food also. I will be smoking a pig and there will be a dutch oven cookoff also.  It was good seeing everyone I saw and there is never enough time to see everyone you want to.   Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
My Wife & I are planning on going to the July shoot. Expect a good time & try Joseph's smoked pig. Joseph do we need wood arrows for this shoot or will alums. be ok? Thanks Frank

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Kyle and I are planning to be at the July shoot also.

Joseph, Didn't get to visit with you much but July will be a good time to fix that. BTW, Where do you find papers big enough and how do you light the pig you are going to smoke.  :rolleyes:  

Frank, Just my opinion, not necessarily TBM policy, but I don't think it matters. You might have to camp by yourself with black shroud all around, eat with the dogs and do all the dishes if you don't shoot wood arrows. I can't believe Bob Burton lets you shoot anything but wood.  :campfire:
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 05:54:00 AM »
Chad was asking for my Wife she shoots a light poundage bow & Bob doesn't have light enough shafts. I have found some @ Lost Nation Archery though & she actually likes them better than alums. I really preferr woodies & it's what I shoot 90% of the time. I even ordered some dart points for my woodies from 3-rivers so I can shoot them @ the technohunt here in Dillon. I don't hunt with anything but woodies. I'm really enjoying my new knife, can't wait to get it bloodie this fall. Frank

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »
Oh I almost forgot I emailed Terry about wanting a forum for Trad Bowhunters Of Montana. I'd kinda like a forum where we all could get together & chat. Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds for requesting one since I'm not an officer. His post in pow wow is inviting so I took it on myself to request one. Frank  :campfire:    :archer:

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
Ok Frank, now I understand. How long a draw does she have? I might have something here.

It is good to see some activity on this forum.
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »
The TBM has no policy or rules regarding what kind of arrows are shot out og the bow as long as the as the bow is traditional.  Frank, this may be redundent but you are on the TBM forum now   :wavey:  Chad, there is never enough time is there.  I really like the Moose Creek shoot, Ashley and me and the pig will probably be up there on the Wednesday before the shoot, looking forward to seeing everyone there.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Moose Creek shoot. Might spend a few extra days over that way and do a little scouting, fishing or whatever.

Hope we can get some of these local trad folks to attend this year.
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »
Thanks Joseph, Chad she draws 24" & yes it's a trad bow a 60" Fox takedown longbow & she is loving the technohunt here in Dillon. I am glad to see some activity here too hope others join us. Best to all.
 Marilyn & I are looking foreward to the summer shoot she went with me to the longbow shoot in Idaho (I think it was 04) she couldn't shoot that one because she had a a recurve & the shoot was a longbow shoot with woodies & broadheads required. Anyway we are looking foreward to this shoot & maybe I can get Marilyn to shoot it too. Frank

Offline Dave Stratton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
Guys, I haven't done much more than just handle the business of getting a web address and set up a hosting account. Nothing more than a temporary page at the moment. I would sure like to have as much input as possible for content. We aren't a big time organization so whatever ideas you can come up with would be appreciated. The url will be  http://tradbowmt.org  Dave

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »
Dave, I just looked at the web site, it looks like a real one to me. I don't know about how to set one up so may not be much help maybe a chat room? Thanks for the work. Frank  :clapper:

Offline thetroutguy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
I can't wait for the site.  I know I would like to see a few things on it.  Obviously a link to join TBM (as I want to do that soon!) A forum/message board of some sort would be great.  Maybe a photo gallery of members and their hunts.  A news page would be nice telling the world the battles the TBM is fighting politically.  Just the usual stuff I guess. Abiility to have an email address would be cool too, like  yourname@tradbowmt.org ?  

I will say this, traditional bowhunters around the world are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet.  That is doubly true in Montana.  Thanks for all you guys do.  I hope to join you soon.

Eric
***TGMM Family of the Bow***

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
Hey Frank.  Just wondering if you know Tim Tollett from Dillon.  Don't know if he is a TBM member, but I know he is a PBS member and I believe a trad shooter.  I think he is the owner of Frontier Anglers in Dillon.  
Beautiful country down in your area.  We once had a family reunion a little way north of there, up the interstate and to the west, at a little campground in the mountains.  Just magnificent country!

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »
Kevin I do know Tim I used to work for his Father Years ago when we were both in the artifical insemination of dairy cattle busisness. He does own Frontier Anglers the shop is only a couple miles from out house. Bought my hunting licence from him last year. We really enjoy this area, you don't want to leave town without a pair of field glasses & camera.Frank

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Chad and Joseph,
You are both welcome to stop in and visit for an evening if you are coming early, I now live eight miles up the road. I will fire up the Bar B-Q, put on some vension, and show you the local fishing holes if you like.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
Joseph would you give the dates for the July shoot? Some may not know & some may have forgotten. Marilyn & I are planning now & want to get on our canander. Thanks. Frank

Offline steve anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone I met at the banquette.  It was a good time, we really enjoyed it.  Might try to make it to the shoot this summer  :thumbsup:
Progress is a word that should imply an improvement in the quality of life, but rarely does.   A.B. Guthrie

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Good to see some conversation on our site. Just got back from trad expo west in Boise. It could have been better, I think there wasn't enough advertising of the expo. I did get to talk to some friends & make some new ones so I had a good time. Got to get to know Tim Meigs better spent some time with him his motel room was right next to Bob & mine getting to know Tim was worth the trip for me. I also got to talk with Chad,G.Fred Asbell,Ron & Debbie King. so it was a good trip for me. Hope it improves as it goes along. Thanks Frank

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
Chad, I'm off Wed-Friday every week.  If you can come down early (rather than later) for the shoot you will have a fishin partner at least one day if you want one.  Maybe some stumpin and Elk scouting too.  Whatever.  We live in Belgrade which isn't far if you or your wife need to wash some wilderness off etc.LOL.

Joseph, glad to hear you may be coming down that early.  Lookin forward to it brotha.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©