INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: What place in the world are you dying to hunt in but haven't had the chance to?  (Read 2531 times)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Love to spend three weeks in the Yukon bowhunting Moose and Grizzlie
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Linc....... I've got access to a lot of osage ground in west central Illinois, farmers I used to work for as a kid. Let's get that trip on the schedule for next winter.

As far as huntin' spots, AK & BC have always been my goals.

Offline Scott G

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaska.
My uncle lived there for about 20 years but has lived in AZ for several years now.  He learned to fly while he was in Alaska and has had his own plane every since.  Told me he was going to Alaska summer after next for several weeks and if I wanted he thought he could get me on moose or caribou...

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaska is too much work and too many mosquitoes. Though the fishing is good.  I like the way those African hunts sound.  Seems like they really take care of ya.....Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
Ric ,
beginning to agree with you . never made much money in my life always worked hard only went on a hunting trip once in my life to Pa . been wanting to go somewhere hunting pigs and got an invite last week if i couldn't make it this year it would be open for next year .the money is going away for it now .the "great " state of Texas may never be the same but i am going supose i have to start walking next Oct. to hunt in March ---- herb

Van ---they have free beer on those hunts ,not "lone star " but it is free ----- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline Jock

• Trad Bowhunter
Just going to Alaska would be good enough for me, hunting would be a bonus.

Offline Weasel

• Trad Bowhunter
Outfitted caribou hunt -- anywhere!
I have a free roaming, ranging mind -- sometimes it reports back to me...
---------------------------

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
Herb, I had a chance to hunt south TX a few years ago with a very well known guy who needed his pigs thinned out and I didn't do it for some stupid reason or other and I'm still kicking myself! As the commericial used to say, "just do it" ric

Offline Rich Potter

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaska,Montana, Western Canada.  :bigsmyl:
Richard E. Potter

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
My wife and I are making plans to go to Africa this year. It has always been a place I've dreamed of going but thought it was out of my reach. I found out it can be a lot less costly than a lot of people think.
 Over the last thirty years or so I have made plans to go to Alaska on four seperate occasions. I haven't made it yet. Within the next couple of years I'm doing that one too.

Life is too short you need to do it while you can.
Jack Shanks

Offline lcoast

• Trad Bowhunter
Well I have hunted Alaska/Yukon/NorthernBC alot and would love to go back. But right now, anywhere in BC off this Island would be great. We have Blacktail deer here on the Island which are the toughest of the deer to hunt but we are short on a lot of other things like moose. Takes severl Blacktails to make up one moose in the meat department.  :)  Absolutely no desire to hunt any of the exotic areas other than pigs down south with a bunch of rednecks. That would be kewl.

=keith=
=keith=

Busted chairs and broken dreams.

Offline Preacherboy

• Trad Bowhunter
For me it would be Montana or Idaho for elk.
I have never had the opportunity to hunt elk.
Hopefully one of these days before I die, I can make it to one of these states to fulfill my dream.
May God Bless You & Yours

Offline Alaskan@Large

• Trad Bowhunter
You guy's are going to think I am crazy but a Jungle Tiger would be my dream.

You guy's that want to do Alaska should best get on it. It's changing so fast, it's nothing like it was five years ago, let alone twenty years ago. It doesn't cost much to do a self hunt and see the state. Plenty of Trad. guys up there that would be happy to lend a hand and info, heck some of them would up your odds to equal that of being guided.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Montana for anything. I would go squirrel hunting there. I wanna go bad.

Offline Desert Rat

• Trad Bowhunter
Definitely Alaska, there's just something about moose, cariboo, sheep, and goats in the boonies.

Brad  :thumbsup:

Offline Chris R

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaska would be tops for me.  My brother and I were born there while my Dad was in the service in '67, left in '69 so I don't have any recollection of being there.  I've seen tons of pictures, read lots of stories, and have dreamt of being there, some day.........maybe when the boys get older we'll make the trip and have a father and sons hunt.

Chris
DAN!(Defeat Autism Now!)

Offline ErwinFletcher

• Trad Bowhunter
That would be the huge private ranch below the public (BLM/USFS) land I hunt.  During the rut, I can spend a whole day chasing 2-3 raghorns, only to stop on a ridge, pull out the binocs, and watch several huge bulls chasing each other around a huge herd of cows in the creek-bottom meadows only one mile below.  Maybe someday the ranch owner or manager, whom I've met on a few occasions while hunting, will up and offer to let me hunt the bottoms for a few days.  I'm not crossing my fingers.
I went to the woods because I wished to live...-Thoreau

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
Arizona On a good javelina hunt. Or Alaska for Caribou.

Bryan

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
Ouch! ... #@$&#@#$ !!!!  Cher just pinched me for saying how much this thread reminded me just how lucky I've been.  Only one continent to go ... but what is there to hunt in  Antarctica?

Ya'll best listen to Rick.  I built my whole life around ways to get to places I wanted to hunt ... but beginning to look like I'll just HAVE to do them all over again with this....woman in tow!

Serious ... one place, one animal ... I'm hoping a giant forrest hog somewhere in Africa STILL has my name on it!    :bigsmyl:  

"Thanks for the memories",
Ed

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
DR. Ashby....When you head out on your next hunt can i go with ya? Im pretty quiet and i dont eat much! (plus ill do all the heavy work!)
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©