INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: It's In The Bag (back pack)  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Joe D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's In The Bag (back pack)
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »
Baby Wipes!.....I love baby wipes.  :o
Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Offline Blue Moose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2003, 09:46:00 PM »
I carried an inflatable male love doll in my day pack for about a month last year.

I was gonna strap him into my buddy's tree stand and give him a little anatomically correct pre-daylight surprise;). Unfortunately, my buddy moved his stand and I never did find it.

I finally figured I'd best get rid of ol' Blow-Up Buddy before one of my pals went diggin' through my day pack. I'd have had a hard time explaining that one:).

TM

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2003, 09:50:00 PM »
Yes Baby wipes. A bath in a box. Don't leave home with out them.  "[laffsmyl]"
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2003, 10:51:00 PM »
Not sure I want to try to explain condom purchases to my tube-tied wife, so I'll suggest a "safer" alternative to Jerry's cure for wet fletching: latex baby bottle inserts.  Works pretty good for 2 blades; just insert the broadhead into the mouth of the insert, pushing it through the bottom, and slide the insert down the shaft 'til it covers the fletching.  Stays put if you're not moving too much.  When hunting in the rain, my back quiver is covered with a treated polarfleece hood, and the arrow in a homemade "solo stalker" wears the insert.

Offline Joe D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2003, 11:01:00 PM »
Phil
How's that super glue work on your skin?
Joe D  :confused:
Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2003, 11:07:00 PM »
Im diabetic i carry my pills..and 2 of everything else..mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Hawkwind

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2003, 11:46:00 PM »
By the end of elk season the pack stays in the truck and the only things I carry are in my pockets.....Knife, compass, quiver,but I do like some of the ideas you guys have......  :)  

Good luck Ron

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »
It's not in my bag, but I use a walking stick a lot, Not because I can't walk, but it is amazing how handy it is. I use it to hold a fence wire down as I cross, so I don't leave scent, It also is handy for pushing brush aside from the trail for the same reason. Lastly my area is a bit swampy and it can be anything from dry to thigh deep water, with boggy bottom full of cow tracks. Now it comes in handy walking, to pick and choose as well as help balance as I pull one foot or the other out of the mud. A zip lock or two is handy, can be used as a make shift glove, hold and carry small items, and for that old emergency container for when Mother Nature calls.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Dave Weiss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2003, 12:11:00 AM »
Pruning shears. Great for snippng tinder to start the fire, snipping off irritating brush under the tent, clearing a shooting lane from a stand; lot's less work than a hatchet.
Jack Howard claimed that he could remove unwanted twigs as he was stalking with a pair of anvil pruners   ;)  ... I believe him.
>>>====> Dave

Offline Mike Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2003, 02:38:00 AM »
In place of the tooth brush I always have in my tackle box a wire brush that is the same size as a tooth brush.  You can find them in the gun section of your sporting goods store.  It is great for removing dried mud from your broad heads and judos.

I'm like Hawkwind the later in the season the less I carry.  By the time I need something I have nothing.    :(

Offline Phil Magistro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »
Joe, A lot of times I'll get cracks in my skin of my fingers when it's dry.  When I'm at home I use lotion, but not when I'm hunting. I put the super glue on the crack to keep it from getting worse. I also use it if I have any minor cuts.  Works better than a band-aid.

Phil
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."    - Oscar Wilde

Offline Chris Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »
I always carry a small four prong grappling hook made from electrical wire when i sit a tree stand,if you drop something hook it to your pull up rope and there you go.
Chris Steele

Offline Mason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »
Small bundle of parachute cord,takes up less room than rope,has all kinds of uses and its real strong,plus its already camo color.Also carry a lot of the stuff mentioned already-after seeing what was in my fanny pack my wife said not to every say anything about her purse:^)

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2003, 05:38:00 PM »
ttt
I like running 600 grain arrows with 4 Blade heads through animals with 60# + Bows!!!!!!

tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2003, 05:48:00 PM »
TTT for Subsonic!  Dina
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©