INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: trad hunters boot hill  (Read 1682 times)

Offline fishunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: trad hunters boot hill
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003, 10:43:00 PM »
Strutter..seems we all know a hunter/fisherman who has trouble with the truth.Sometimes they choose to withold it,other times they refuse to accept it.TS ><>

Offline John McCreary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »
I always said I wanted to be  "[dntthnk]"   cremated and have my ashes placed in a Mason jar which was to be put on a shelf over my widow's bed. Just to give her next husband something to think about. Today,I want them scattered over "Big Mountain" in northwestern Colorado so I can forever hear the music of bull elk in the fall...

John
"When I grow up I want to be Ron LaClair...the man has waaay too much fun."

Offline Killdeer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »
That's my thought, too! Over the years I have hunted the same place, (my place, not your elk-ridden bit of Heaven!), watching it change and stay the same at the same time. It's where I pray, and play, and where my beloved dogs' ashes go when it's time. Since I don't figure I'd be able to stay hid if I were so lucky as to die there, the next best thing would be to have someone care enough to make sure that my ashes were deposited there. It would be a way to give it back..
 Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline joel smith

• tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »
I hear ya John. Sometimes when the wind blows just so i find my mind wanderin' somewhere up around timberline, wonderin' what's over the next ridge--haven't been out west (to hunt) for at least four years now but there's a little piece of my soul that never leaves there
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 07:50:00 AM »
Found this little gem last night.....its almost 3 years old.  Thought I'd run it back up for kicks....some of you guy might remember this one.
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »
A lot of good stuff here Terry.

Off the subject a little, but I wonder how many of us have went out hunting when we were sick. I know I have many times. I figure if I am going to feel bad I might as well have a bow in my hand  :D

On the subject..ashes for me I like Killdeers view on this..

Offline joel smith

• tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »
thanks Terry, been a little preoccupied with death lately, at least this thread helps put a positive spin on that
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »
I'll let those that I leave behind decide what to put on mine....my hopes are it will read something like this: Beloved Father to His Sons who Grew to be Fine Men Under His Teaching, Husband to the Love of His Life Who Knew She Was Every Day and Dear Friend to Many Who Will Cherish the Memories They Made Together.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Larry Jim Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »
John I like your idea,but if my luck held my ashes would get spread two basins away from where the elk actually were.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »
LJB - LOL  :)

My instructions to my wife are to bury my ashes deep under the fire pit at our camp so I can continue to enjoy the friendships and magic it provides. Many a great time I've had there and its as close to heaven as I'll probably get.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »
Well, I'd like to go on an elk hunt (or muley), maybe when I'm 84 or 85, younger, older whenever, in say NW Colorado.  Start walking SW, find me a high peak so I can look out over the canyons and enjoy God's beauty here on earth, and just fade away without anyone knowing where I'm at.  No funeral expenses, no fanfare, no epitath, no tears.  Just one day I was here, the next I went to meet my maker.  Selfish?  Naw, just the way I am.  I enjoy solitude.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
Mine will probably say something like:

"We told him a 45# selfbow wasn't heavy enough to hunt Cape Buffalo with"

"[tunglaff]"
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
Funny this thread should come up.  My wife and I were discussing this topic last weekend and I told her cremation, and then have them taken to the top of a mountain in Colorado.  I'v enver felt closer to God than I do up there so I fugure I stand a better chance of getting in if I don't have so far to travel.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
LOL Mickey!
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Jeff Hren-Renegade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
I am going to be cremated & spread around the areas that are most important to me. Mom & dads property, The family cabin up in Paradise, MI & some of the places we spread my Grandfather, he Tought me how to hunt & call Turkeys, pour white river spiders ( snagging Hooks, no longer legal) Shoot pool, & drive a P.U. truck. & hopefully down to berrien springs Sportsmans Club were we have The Compton Rendevous.!

Offline Jeff Hren-Renegade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
OooPs Sorry I already have my headstone picked out. I have a Friend that Makes them. It is a Picture of me & my Longbow, drawn down on a Whitetail Buck in the woods under the big white Oak I hunt under every year.

Online Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »
I'm gonna be cremated...but I've often thought it would be cool for some of my ashes to be mixed with some pitch or glue, or cresting paint, and hafted or painted on some shafts so that my buddies could still hunt with me!
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Online Ron LaClair

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »
HEAR LIES A MAN, WHO WITH BOW IN HAND

WALKED LENGTH AND BREADTH UPON THIS LAND  

NOW HE TRODS ON GOLDEN FIELDS  

NO LONGER BOUND BY EARTHLY ZEAL
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »
Only one dream left unfulfilled. Gone to find it! CK

Offline Jake H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »
If you've come to find Jake
You're late.

Jake
(who is going to be cremated so headstone epitaphs are only theoretical)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©