INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: trad hunters boot hill  (Read 796 times)

Offline fishunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: trad hunters boot hill
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003, 10:43:00 PM »
Strutter..seems we all know a hunter/fisherman who has trouble with the truth.Sometimes they choose to withold it,other times they refuse to accept it.TS ><>

Offline John McCreary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »
I always said I wanted to be  "[dntthnk]"   cremated and have my ashes placed in a Mason jar which was to be put on a shelf over my widow's bed. Just to give her next husband something to think about. Today,I want them scattered over "Big Mountain" in northwestern Colorado so I can forever hear the music of bull elk in the fall...

John
"When I grow up I want to be Ron LaClair...the man has waaay too much fun."

Offline Killdeer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »
That's my thought, too! Over the years I have hunted the same place, (my place, not your elk-ridden bit of Heaven!), watching it change and stay the same at the same time. It's where I pray, and play, and where my beloved dogs' ashes go when it's time. Since I don't figure I'd be able to stay hid if I were so lucky as to die there, the next best thing would be to have someone care enough to make sure that my ashes were deposited there. It would be a way to give it back..
 Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline joel smith

• tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »
I hear ya John. Sometimes when the wind blows just so i find my mind wanderin' somewhere up around timberline, wonderin' what's over the next ridge--haven't been out west (to hunt) for at least four years now but there's a little piece of my soul that never leaves there
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©