INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: your bowhunt "to do" list  (Read 556 times)

Online Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: your bowhunt "to do" list
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2003, 03:47:00 PM »
Top of my list right now is taking a turkey with my recurve. I've taken 4 with a shotgun, time to lower the odds. Next is taking one of these Minnesota whitetails with my longbow.
In the near future I'd like to hunt antelope and mule deer.
"What is written on the scroll of Fate is not visible; but with a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in search of adventure"..... Saxton Pope

Offline GeneJockey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2003, 04:01:00 PM »
At this point, I'd just like to kill something.  Anything.  Even a small rodent!

Of course, I would prefer somehting that I could feed the family with, but I'm not particular....

:D

Offline John McCreary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
:rolleyes:    :o  I long to hear the music of bull elk on a frosty morning in Colorado. It's been three years since I heard them ... I miss the mountains  :(  

I'd like to hunt anything with Ol' Terry, all I gotta do is point the truck south...

John
"When I grow up I want to be Ron LaClair...the man has waaay too much fun."

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »
Right now my thoughts are on trying to get my first turkey with my bow.Later on I hope to find lots of pigs this fall.And of course there are plenty of whitetails around.

James
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Kota

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »
Well In the short term, I hope to get a turkey with the longbow, killed enough with the shotgun, time to make it more interesting.  Moose hunt planned for this September in North Central Ontario. Then it will be Caribou, Elk, Pronghorn, and would really love to hunt the Sitka blaktails up on Kodiak Island.  Stalking coastal Blackies in B.C. or Alaska would be a rush too.  So many hunts, so little time.   :D   Can't take it with you.  Do it while you still can.  Oh yeah, Africa for kudu, gemsbok, and impala, red deer in N.Z. Etc Etc

Offline '46

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »
Manitoba bear next month chasin Mickey's "bearzilla". Peak of the year is Montana elk in September. Nothing quite like the call of bull elk echoing through the canyons at twilight to get your blood running.
George
_------------->

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »
Near future is Turkey last week of April. Then Black Bear in Maine (already booked). Both with my bow of course.  Then continue with Whitetail.  My distant dream hunts are bou and Moose.
Bill
Aim Small

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »
I would like to hunt caribou sometime.

Users currently browsing this topic:

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©