INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Respect & finding it here.  (Read 954 times)

Offline DL2

• Trad Bowhunter
Respect & finding it here.
« on: March 31, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »
Seems to me that most respect each other on this site and it is a very freindly place to be. I really like it here and believe this is the place to talk about trad topics. You've got me for the long haul.

Seems on the "other" site, especially one forum there is a lot of name calling and disrespect going on. I noticed one thread on the LW that had been closed a topic regarding this site. As a visitor some weeks ago I noticed that anything to do non-sponsor topics or relevance - the topics would dissappear. Is it just me or have others noticed that too?

Offline Ghostbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Respect & finding it here.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 03:17:00 PM »
Don't know.  I haven't really been there since this site got up n'runnin'.  All I know is this is a very pleasant and warm place to be, and was very much needed.  Enjoy!!!  :cool:
B.J.D.
"Want to trade or sell all those bows you built up trying to figure this thing out... step in to my office  [Smile]
Let me introduce my self...They call me, BigJim" - Big Jim Babcock

Offline Ted A. Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 04:04:00 PM »
Respect is some thing we all have to earn by the type posts we add.  Discipline on the other hand is some thing the moderators will have to dish out.  All I would ask is that we all try not to be deserving of disipline but that when needed it will be administered in a fair and equitable way.  Not like it has been, is being, and most likely will continue to be done on sites that will remain unmentioned
Ted A. Young AKA COB.  When I was young I spoke as child.  Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Offline Sparta-T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »
Much of the respect factor has been built into this forum after bad experiences elsewhere.  I don't feel like there is a "muzzle" atmosphere on tradgang, simply a gentleman's agreement to keep things friendly.  As Meathook has often said, most folks would not verbally say the things in the presense of the other party, that they feel free to type..........quite an observation.   :eek:  

I am very much enjoying the "campfire" atmosphere and come here to chat without the potential for ugliness.  It is OK to disagree, but not in a way that leaves folks bitter or angry.  We all have our own way, but that is not the ONLY way.   ;)
Doubt is a traitor that makes us lose what we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
                      Shakespeare

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »
I am with yall on this one. I really enjoy this site the way I used to enjoy the other one. I used to go to the other site first thing every day. Now I check it every once in a while. Trad Gang rules.

Offline Danny Muzzey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »
DL2, this is a Friendly site mostly because it's about Bowhunting and so far no politics are involved. Involve politics like you have on the "other site" and you may notice a change.

Let's leave it on that other site.
CAM

Offline CT Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »
This site is great. I'm tired of all the c$%^ on that "other" site. I posted some info about a new bow that I bought. Wow, I was slammed long and hard by some people. Even got a few private e-mails. All I did was post the results of some testing on the bow. Even the bowyer contacted me to say that my test data was similiar to his. Geez tried to pass along some cool info and had my families ancestory questioned. No more, this is the place.

Offline runswithskunks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2003, 11:18:00 PM »
So, CT Bowhunter, exactly what kind 'o ancestry are ye trying to hide anyway?  Pray tell?    :p  

rws

Offline Dogman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2003, 06:40:00 AM »
You certainly can feel the difference here.  I like many already mentioned made looking on the other site one of my first daily things to do.  As things started going the way they did on there I spent less time there.  This site is a fresh and welcome change, and I for one support the moderators in their position of keeping respect of each other as an upmost priority.  Thanks guys for a great place to come and learn.............

Offline CT Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »
Supposedly my development was just short of a rock, potato, or some sort of small furry animal. Depends on who you were talking too  :D  . Doesn't matter, I just ordered another one of the bows  :D    :D    :D  .

Offline Cueball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »
This is my new home also.  I had grown really tired at the old site.  However there were just no options.

......................Roby....................

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »
Well, I certainly tip my hat to the boys from Georgia for there creative spirit and for being the great guys they are.
Their intent was to have a site founded on respect and wisdom and that's cool. However, I also have to commend all who have entered here so far. Without a doubt all here are conducting themselves with a degree of professionalism and integrity which make me proud to call this group "brothers".
Who was it that said, "united we stand...."

Finest group I ever shared a campfire with.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »
Charlie, I agree with you 110%.  Lance, Terry and others gave us this site and just ask that we be respectful of all.  All those who have used it so far have been those I too would want to share a campfire with.  I believe Lance, Terry, Admin, etc will do all they can to keep it that way but they need the help of all of us here!  :)  

Joe

Offline Danny Muzzey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2003, 05:47:00 PM »
Ok, I've been around "that other site" for quite a few years and I sorta know Terry and Lance by their post, but what I gotta know is whotheheck is Mr. Admin?
CAM

Offline Terry_Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »
... but what I gotta know is whotheheck is Mr. Admin?

At yer service, Sir!   :D  

Offline Danny Muzzey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »
I surely do preciate that info and I'm pleased to meet you too. I'd shake yer hand, but I ain't sure that I'd recognize you  :confused:
CAM

Offline Mason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2003, 12:03:00 AM »
Sadly, they will come!   :mad:

Online Roger Norris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2003, 12:30:00 AM »
I still appreciate what the LW did for us all. We all have made friends (and some enemies) over there. I still check in every day, but I post less and less. It's just to easy to get into an argument over there. But I will NEVER have a negative word to say about guys like Pat and Brian.

Tom is right, the gentlemans agreement over here to keep it civil is contagious. I like it.
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
 www.Tradwoodsman.com  What the heck is an Arrow Canoe?

Offline Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »
Mr. Admin, would you be related to a feller named Harpo?  :)

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2003, 09:24:00 AM »
Been shooting a bow and arrow for over 50 years and learn something almost every day here. One thing I do know is respect. I respect everyone's opinion as long as it’s given in a constructive manner. Take what helps you and think about the rest. They may be right.  :saywhat:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©