INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: "A Quiver To Hunt With"  (Read 1605 times)

Offline RonT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "A Quiver To Hunt With"
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »
I like the "Double Header' also.....Ooooops, wait a minute, is that a commercial endorsement???????  :rolleyes:  
RonT
Spes Mea in Deo Est

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »
There are some great backquivers being made today. In '77 I purchased a John Schulz latigo backquiver and it was the best quiver to hunt with. I learned how to manuever through brush and arrow removal was easy. The only problem was cold weather, when the quiver became stiff and noisy. I retired the quiver 2 yrs ago and went with a Dave Creger soft 8 oz quiver. I can roll this quiver up and stuff it in my duffel for my western hunts and its the quietest quiver I've seen because it totally collapses when riding on my back. Arrow removal is easy, comes with a large pouch and to protect the feathers, should I get caught in the rain, I use a Kathy Kelly fletching Hood in Advantage Camo. This hood comes with a stretch cord so it can be used with a bowquiver also. I can fit 8 arrows under this soft hood and adjust the cord to my many quiver straps. This hood comes in handy when I'm stillhunting and have some white dipped/fletched arrows in the quiver. This quiver rides tight against my back after adjusted to my clothing and moving through brush is a snap. I was so happy with the quiver, I became a dealer for Dave and have sold many through my shop.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Montauks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »
Joe, Does the fletching hood rub against the feathers creating noise?
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »
No...the hood is a super soft material but what I did was have my butcher friend thread the smallest bungee cord through the hood slots so I can force the hood opening larger to cover more arrows. I'm going to upgrade to a wire (like in boonie hats that you can shape) to give the hood a more uniform lay around the arrows. You have to adjust the strap, which stretches if you use a bowquiver so you can remove or replace an arrow. For the backquiver, just pull the hood off and wrap it back on.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline waterone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »
Rob:

I am re-opening one of your old threads, but have you ahd a chance to do anything with this quiver yet?

I currently use a Raptor Quiver, and am going to get one of the Chief quivers, if I can find the internet site agina, as I have been told that the quiver may have been redesigned.  But I do like a back quiver and this seems as it would be a good one.

chuck

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by waterone:
Rob:

I am re-opening one of your old threads, but have you ahd a chance to do anything with this quiver yet?
Nope, not time just yet - after the Holidays.
IAM  ~  Black Powder Gang  ~  TANJ  ~  NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©