INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: There comes a time........  (Read 751 times)

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
Re: There comes a time........
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »
LOL Jawge.........I am a frustrated perfectionist...and not only with this bow but with many things...It is something I continually try to ...let go of.  It does come back to haunt me sometimes though........yeah......that's right you usually do the bow builds during the winter and springs breaks.....I will be looking forward to it.   :)  Dina
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2003, 05:56:00 AM »
Dina, A few tool marks give the bow a little more character.   :bigsmyl:   Lets see so pics.Please.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline loyd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »
i have been using True oil on mine and really like the finish. loyd

Offline Steve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 07:41:00 AM »
Dina - In being a perfectionist, you need to see the "perfect bow" in the piece of wood you start with. Two different folks would see two different bows from the inception, and both might be "the best" depending on the intended usage. No two selfbows will ever be the same, especially osage. Getting over the glass mentality takes awhile, but it's attainable. There's no reason not to try for the absolutely best tiller you can, and good finishing. Tool marks - while sometime hidden until the finish is on - are controllable imperfections.

If you want to see a real effort to perfection, Dr Rick's bow is a fine example. Deerfly has a great amount of ability and pride in his work, and I am inspired to improve by his level of workmanship. I think the lack of tool marks indicates character also, not of the bow, but of the bowyer... Steve

Offline deerfly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »
wow Steve, thanks for the compliment. I just noticed it.  ;)

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2003, 08:58:00 PM »
Steve amd Deerfly...I have seen the Dr. Rick's bow and I also shot it. It is a beauty...no tool marks...but then I would say the same for both Tom's and my BBO.  What is especially cool about Rick's BBO is that it can shoot fast flight.  

Linc right now I am giving it a rest...doing some target practice every day after work getting ready for the TBOF Fall shoot which is this weekend.  I will get back to it on Tuesday.  Dina
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Users currently browsing this topic:

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©