INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Maddog Mountaineer  (Read 869 times)

Online CRM_95

• Trad Bowhunter
Maddog Mountaineer
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »
Here's a quick review on my new Maddog bow. This is my second bow from Mike. I already posted pics in my thread on the PowWow last week, so won't repost them here. My first bow from Mike was a Predator that I picked up lightly used in the classifieds here. It's a great bow as well and I love it. This new one however is the Mountaineer model, and Mike built it to my specs as a custom order. This bow is just unbelievable. I can't say enough about it. The craftsmanship is great, and it is a wonderful shooter. Smooth draw, no stacking, no hand shock, and it's the quietest bow of the 4 that I own by far. The Predators are great, but if you aren't opposed to spending a little more cash I can't recommend the Mountaineer enough. Mike is a super nice guy and easy to work with too. Happy hunting!!

Offline Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Maddog Mountaineer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 12:46:00 AM »
whats the big difference between the pred and the mountaineer?
Pika t/d 54"
Mountain Monarch 60"
Black Hunter 60"

Offline dahyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 01:05:00 PM »
You can get the mountaineer a bit longer.  Other than that I do not know.
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

Online CRM_95

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
Like already mentioned the Mountaineer can be had in longer lengths. The grip is a little thicker, and fits the hand better (at least my hand). The reflex/deflex design on the Mountaineer isn't as pronounced either. It has a little more mass overall. To me it draws quite a bit smoother and has hardly any hand shock, not that the Predator is bad.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©