INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Sleeping Indian Wool  (Read 1503 times)

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
Sleeping Indian Wool
« on: May 22, 2016, 12:35:00 AM »
Just wanted to share this with you guys.

As a lot of you know, Sleeping Indian went OOB a while ago when the former owner died and his sons did not want to take over the business.

It was with this knowledge that I was surprised to find myself walking past their booth at the NRA national convention today. I walked up and had the pleasure of speaking with Kevin, their marketing director and a few of their designers for a time and picked up a catalog. They purchased and resurrected the company about 2 years ago and have been working to get the product back to market. Their website is live and they told me they would be e-commerce ready this summer but you should be able to order by phone or mail already I believe. Custom sizing available.

Quality guys, a well-known (by our community anyways) quality garment, all American made. They even offer solids for more casual wear now. I will be looking forward to ordering from them soon!

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sleeping Indian Wool
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 05:22:00 AM »
Great news.  Wish they still made the cotton stuff.

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
Excellent!! Some of the finest wool out there, and I LIVE in wool!!

Looks like the original products, and some different patterns..gotta start saving......
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »
Good stuff back when I owned a lot of it. I sold all mine several years ago, but nice to hear the company is making a comeback.

I still have my SI radar cap:

It just works!

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 09:59:00 AM »
Thanks for the Heads-Up. Have a bunch and want more.

Love to find a hat like that Kevin.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »
I love my SI Radar Cap!

Offline Arrowcraft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
I have purchased thousands of dollars on sleeping Indian clothing for myself my wife and other friends , then i promoted their garments , comfortable, warm , yes but with one huge flaw, they shrink , followed cleaning instructions to the letter.Dry cleaned and one day while hunting I went to put on my hooded parka and to my shock it had shrunk 2 full sizes, my hunting companion asked if I had grabbed my wife,s WRONG--- after sending $500 parka back for forensic test they responded by asking if i had worn parka in rain or snow ? YES well then it was clear to them that by wearing wet wool and walking through woods that I had generatrd enough heat and friction i guess from my arms moving as I walked to cause the extreme shrinkage. REALLY ? after  spending all that $ and thats how they treated me . I sold all my the 3 stages of sleeping, then stinking, then finally when you clean it shrinking Indian, and bought King of the Mountain no problems to this day. P.S. Im not alone either they used to sell used garments that had shrunk .
    ----------Black Wolf 69"57#@28-----
--------------Tall Tines 60"52&45#@28-----

Online cacciatore

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arrowcraft:
I have purchased thousands of dollars on sleeping Indian clothing for myself my wife and other friends , then i promoted their garments , comfortable, warm , yes but with one huge flaw, they shrink , followed cleaning instructions to the letter.Dry cleaned and one day while hunting I went to put on my hooded parka and to my shock it had shrunk 2 full sizes, my hunting companion asked if I had grabbed my wife,s WRONG--- after sending $500 parka back for forensic test they responded by asking if i had worn parka in rain or snow ? YES well then it was clear to them that by wearing wet wool and walking through woods that I had generatrd enough heat and friction i guess from my arms moving as I walked to cause the extreme shrinkage. REALLY ? after  spending all that $ and thats how they treated me . I sold all my the 3 stages of sleeping, then stinking, then finally when you clean it shrinking Indian, and bought King of the Mountain no problems to this day. P.S. Im not alone either they used to sell used garments that had shrunk .
X2
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »
I believe you guys completely. Mine didn't shrink any that I could tell.

I was wearing KOM on a caribou hunt and was out with Larry Fischer (TBM) in the NWT. He was wearing Sleeping Indian. I was complaining about the wind penetrating my KOM on a long boat ride and Larry got me thinking about SI. I sold 100% of my KOM (which at the time I considered a waste of money) and replaced it with SI. By my comparison the SI was far better for me than the KOM ever was. I wore it and used it for years on many hunts. Just different people having different outcomes I guess. I no longer wear any amount of wool.

Online Roger Norris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arrowcraft:
Yep, same. A vest. shrunk from an XL to a medium. And I know how to care for wool....
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
 www.Tradwoodsman.com  What the heck is an Arrow Canoe?

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:00 PM »
Never had any problems with my SI.

Offline D.Ellis

• Associate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
I had a sleeping indian shirt shrink as well. It was awesome otherwise......shrunk after getting real wet on a goat hunt, and air drying in my pickup on the 5 hour drive home. Fits my wife now.......she likes it.   :rolleyes:    :D  

Darcy
60# GN Lil'Creep Jackknife
67# osage selfbow
62# "Zang Hill" string follow

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »
No problems with mine, snow and rain for nine years.

Offline Nuctech

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
Man if it shrinks that bad the guy in the picture with the moose rack probably went home wearing a sleeping indian tube top and shorty shorts.

Gabe

Offline wooddamon1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »
:biglaugh:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Sam McMichael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »
These comments make me appreciate my Asbell wool more and more. I was not aware of these complaints. Fortunately, in Georgia, this is not much of an issue.
Sam

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 10:33:00 AM »
Never had a problem with SI. I like it much better than KOM.
If it's in your way, move it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©