INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Red River Broadheads field test  (Read 1550 times)

Offline caligator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Red River Broadheads field test
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 12:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by fujimo:
ya better be a buddy of his. making talk like that!
Michael posted pics and story on a public forum- nothing to hide- nothing to gain.  nothing illegal.
seems like youre the only one thinking about third graders here- wassup ? you a pedophile?

there ... now we all get to pass subjective and biased judgement, not only you!
Yep, heres's a nice third grader for ya,

I thought this was a website that condoned ethical hunting, you know, be trad and all. I guess KILLING anything that walks in front of you is ethical. Good luck and best wishs......
The welfare of the state depends upon the morals of its citizens.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »
Kevin,
Nice buck there. I understand the controversy here. Last year I passed on a buck the size of the one in your picture... Around 130 to 140 inches. I was tagged out. I've also shot bucks comparable to yours with traditional equipment. I feel no need to post them here because it is not the size of the animal that makes its value.
Hunting should never be about ego, it should be about enjoyment and conservation. As far as conservation goes, this was probably the most vulnerable deer in the area. The area I hunt is a huge 10,000 acre tract of timber with heavy coyote populations in a documented stable but sparse population of cougars. This deer had a low chance of survival, and an even lower chance of progeny next spring. Taking a mature doe with a weaned fawn would have been much more impactful to the environment.
Also, it should be known that Tradgang does not put up with personal attacks like yours. I have reported your post, not because it really bothers me but because it doesn't belong on Tradgang.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 08:41:00 AM »
Poor ethics would be shooting it and letting it waste......not the act of shooting it.  Be careful with the "high horse" syndrome as someday you will no doubt find yourself on the other end...promise.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Online Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Looks like some tasty eating there Mike. Good shooting, guess you really had to "pick a spot"...   ;)  
I refer to the young ones like that as "vealison".    :)

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
BTW....no dog in the hunt...but that's a fawn....  NOT a yearling....it would have been a yearling next year.

Just wanted to clarify.

AND,...a well placed field point would have killed that deer.  Nothing against the broadhead...but even if it was any other broadhead I woulnd't be giving it complete credit for the kill.
I like running 600 grain arrows with 4 Blade heads through animals with 60# + Bows!!!!!!

tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Online monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
I thought this was a website that condoned ethical hunting, you know, be trad and all.
So, one must be "trad" to be ethical?  Guess we are a special and elite group!

Ethics are in the mind of the practitioner. The fact that yours differ from Michaels (and mine) does not mean that they are not acceptable.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©