INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Another McBroom LB Review  (Read 290 times)

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
Another McBroom LB Review
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
I have to agree with Todd on McBroom bows!!!  I bought the one that Brian posted on the Sponsor's Classifieds.   68" 59@28, stringfollow, with brown glass over a 4 lam yew and actionboo core and tip wedges, and a highly figured bacote riser.  The last photo shows the amount of stringfollow (I measure it at 1 1/4").  Fit and finish is superb.  Light in the hand, quiet (even without silencers), smooth drawing, and no handshock.  Shoots heavy arrows with authority.  

SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Online Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another McBroom LB Review
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »
I'm going to follow Phil here and say I also just received one of Brian's String Follow bows that he posted in the sponsors classified's.  

This one is 49@28, 66", Yew veneers over toasted boo core lams.  I'm truly impressed.  Excellent craftsmanship, superior performance, quiet, smooth, and absolutely dead in the hand at the shot.  

Keep it up Brian.....you've got it going on!
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©