INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Howard Hill Archery service  (Read 408 times)

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
Howard Hill Archery service
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
I would guess it would be alright to report a companies excellent service. I think that is the most important product a company sells. I ordered a Wesley special string follow and wanted to make it a little more special than the standard. So I went for ebony riser with overlays on riser and tips, black elk laced wrap on grip and a string follow with 6 lams.
    In about 5 -6 weeks I get the bow. Everything I asked for except it only had 5 lams. I called Craig and he said send it back and you should have 6 lams and I will put you a the top of the list. One day latter after thinking about it I emailed him and asked if he could use white glass and make the grip more wedge shaped. He emailed back and said he would take care of everything. 2 1/2 weeks later I get the bow back with everything perfect and no hassle. I think I actually got better than I had started with. Thanks Craig.   http://bowed.imgur.com/Hill

Offline mike g

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Howard Hill Archery service
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
Craig at HH Archery is top notch.
    A few yrs. ago I sent my Big 5 back for a diet of around 5 lbs.
    I had my bow back in 2 weeks and that included travel time....
    I recently e-mailed Craig because I forgot when I bought my Bow, I wanted to know how old she was, He told me when it was made, She is 8 yrs. old....
    And he remembered a conversation I had with him about my next bow, He said you want a Tembo with no shelf's so you can shoot it Ambi....
    Can you imagine all the conversations he's had with people and he remembered me....WOW.
    After finding out my bow was 8 yrs. Old I decided to have him make me a new string....I ask for it to be Black and Brown, again no problem.
    Last but not least, when I ordered my Big five, I told him Black glass back and Brown glass belly, He ask what riser wood, I told him to surprise me, Well he went to a local Gun stock maker and got a nice piece of wood that matched the brown glass perfect....And then informed me that my Bow was the first to have Black and Brown glass combo....
    HH Archery dose what ever it takes to please the customer....
    Sorry for the long post....
"Mike your friend In Traditional archery" (M.A.L.)
 www.mikesarcheryleather.com
Leather Armguards,Quivers,and Accessories, Mike's Archery Leather
"Rinehart 3D Target Dealer"
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline toddster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
I third this.  I bought a few bows from Craig over the years.  Few years back I ordered a Wesley Special on the phone and talked about grip and the way I shoot.  WE settled and hung up.  About two days went by and He called me back, "I was thinking about what we talked about and ..."  We talked for while and settled on the grip.  two weeks later bow arrived and the grip was perfect.  He just doesn't build the bow, he ensure the customer and bow mesh, a true artist.

Offline Stone Knife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 06:42:00 AM »
A few months ago I received my new Wesley special, I had spoke to Craig on the phone about how I wanted the grip. 4 Weeks to the day the bow was at my house and it was perfect to look at and more importantly it was exactly the way I wanted it and it shoots like a dream. I have had nothing but good experiences with Howard Hill Archery and would not hesitate to do business with them again. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is in the market for a Hill bow because their prices are more than fair and the product and service are second to none.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Bigmagic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Since you folks are talking about Craig at Howard Hill Bows I though I would chime in as well. I bought a Wesley Special several years ago and Craig was absolutely wonderful to deal with. He paid complete attention to what my needs were and he created my bow exactly how I wanted it. I am thinking about buying another bow from him. I don't know if he reads this but a big Thank you goes out to Craig at Howard Hill Bows.

Offline Hhillusmc74

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 07:32:00 AM »
Another!!!  I've bought two bows from Craig, my first was the Panther, I took numerous hogs, a coyote, several white tails with it.  10 yrs with that bow, and a hog hunt I was charged and fell with the bow and ruined the bow. As luck seemed to be smiling on me. Craig was offering a special limited edition of 50 bows, called "Wild Boar". I bought #24, that was about 10 yrs ago, give or take.  I have Nothing but Praise and Absolute Satisfaction and a long time Passion for my Howard Hill bows, due to Craig, he's given me the history of how his bows can be named after our hero Mr. Hill.  Tradition, keep Passing it on Craig

Offline bow'narrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »
I have the opportunity to visit Howard Hill Archery often as Craig's shop is just over the hill.  His welcome and helpfulness is impressive.  In his shop you can see authentic items that belonged to  Howard Hill.  You can also look at gloves, strings, quivers, arrows, raw materials and finished bows.  It is a banquet if historic items and the modern bowyer's art.  If you want a real treat, go there to personally order your bow and handle the raw materials that will go into it.
no clue how to do this

Offline mike g

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
It's on my Bucket list to Visit Craig.
He's about 900 miles away from me here in Ca..
    I currently have two of his bow's.
Big 5
And a No shelf I had him make for me.
"Mike your friend In Traditional archery" (M.A.L.)
 www.mikesarcheryleather.com
Leather Armguards,Quivers,and Accessories, Mike's Archery Leather
"Rinehart 3D Target Dealer"
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©