INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bigfoot Sasquatch - Kirk Lavender  (Read 378 times)

Offline ARCHER2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bigfoot Sasquatch - Kirk Lavender
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
Hey Folks,
Just had to take a few minutes here and tell y'all about my experience with Kirk Lavender.
Actually I wanted to brag on him, as well as Gery/katman on here. These two guys, as I'm sure many already know, are top notch!

I bought a Sasquatch longbow from Gery about three weeks ago. I got it on Saturday but only shot it a few minutes before I ran out of daylight. I decided to put a new rest on it, so I peeled off the old one. That's when I noticed a crack in the riser. Man I was sick. I felt sure I'd get it fixed one way or the other, but figured it might take awhile. There is no way Gery could have known it was there because it was hidden by the rest.

Well I contacted Gery and told him about the crack. The very first thing he said was, send it back and I'll send you your money back. Then he said or if you'd like I'll contact Kirk and see if he will fix it under my warranty.

That's the kind of folks I like dealing with. No hassle, no problem! So I said sure if you want to contact Kirk, we'll try that.

Within a few minutes, Kirk contacts me and tells me to send it to him and he'll fix it, or replace it. I'm thinking now this is a stand up guy right here! I didn't buy the bow new, yet he's willing to fix or replace it at no charge! You don't find folks like that every day.

Anyway, I sent the bow to Kirk and he asked if I was ok with him trying an epoxy on the crack. He explained the procedure in detail, so I said sure. He went to the trouble to build a vacuum chamber to pull the epoxy into the crack. The crack was very small, but still it was a crack.

Well his first attempt didn't work, the chamber imploded, so he builds a heavy duty vacuum chamber. He keeps me informed the whole way with emails and pics! Pretty neat chamber he constructed.

So he gets the chamber ready and puts the riser in. Sends me an email the next day that said, we have success! He said it worked great!

Then he started refinishing the riser. He used a different coating than before so the limbs needed to be sprayed too so the finish would match. No problem.

He was so meticulous with the riser that he sprayed it several times trying to be sure it was done to the very best of his abilities.

One of the many things through this process that really impressed me, was the fact that he kept in constant contact. I didn't have to wonder if he was working on it or not, because he let me know every step.

Gery also stayed in contact to make sure I was satisfied. It don't get no better than that folks.

I've been extremely impressed with Kirk as a bowyer and as a person. These are the kind of folks I like to associate with. Plus Kirk is a nut! I like that! You can tell he's totally committed to producing the very best bow he possibly can. And, standing behind them!

I didn't mean to ramble here folks, but I think folks that act in this manner should be recognized. I know I appreciate it, and I know most of y'all do. Kirk and of coarse Gery too have earned my respect for sure. Good guys!

Hope the pic works, she's a purty thang! And shoots great too! Smooooth, fast, and quiet!
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bigfoot Sasquatch - Kirk Lavender
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »
I have to be honest,the more I read about Bigfoot bows and Kirk,the more I am impressed. My hat is off to you Kirk!

Good Shooting,
                                                   Craig

Offline BuckeyeGuy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
2 stand up folks for sure, Bigfoot bow is on my want list for sure!!  Purdy bow you got there!

Offline ARCHER2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:35:00 PM »
Thanks Brother! I'm very proud of her.
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Online medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »
Sounds like great people to deal with.  That's what it's all about
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »
Now, that IS a very nice bow!

Is the bowyer headed to Denton Hill this year?
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline ARCHER2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
David,
I'm not sure, but I'll find out.
Charlie

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »
There still are good people in this world.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
Kirk is top shelf for sure, he goes the extra mile in everything he does
John 3:16

Offline ARCHER2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
David,
Kirk said he most likely won't make Denton Hill this year. Pretty expensive trip, and the economy is not that great right now.

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Online Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
If you study his website, make notes and have specific questions, Kirk is really good about exchanging emails to clarify... like he was THERE!

Once the decision is made...he is VERY communicative and keeps questions answered and ideas flowing.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the process!!! And once I paid me money and was in the queue, things really got interesting and fun(ner).     :goldtooth:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline SactoBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
I got off the phone with Kirk yesterday and was very impressed with his knowledge and willingness to educate me.

He truly builds a custom bow and now I paid my deposit and am in line for a Sasquatch!   :)

Bill

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Thanks for posting your experience here, one day I will own one of Kirk's bows myself.
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
I sure like the way the limbs melt into the handle. There is no awkward ridge of separation.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline tradspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
Kirk is an outstanding bowyer and communicator!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©