INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: JD BERRY Taipan  (Read 258 times)

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
JD BERRY Taipan
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
I had received a new Taipan a few months back, with a slight dish grip. Great bow, but, I was getting a different feel with a dish grip, narrow wedge, just a tad bit uncomfy.I called James and he said "No problem, ahh... just send it back and tell me what you want done." I did , but James' memory is getting worse with old age!  :)  (Senile ole coot)

Luckily, Brianlocal3 was talking to him and clarified what I wanted in a grip. James did it, sent it back in a week and 2 days. When I opened the box, strung it, placed it in my hand, I immediately knew this was it! I went outside and shot for 30 mins. Absolutely happy with the end result.

James went above and beyond helping me get really happy. I think that's all he really cares about IMHO. Sure it was a quick fix, changing a slight dish to locator style, without the hump, more of a straight angled grip with a softer belly side, and if I had any wood working skillz,I might have been able to replicate it, but I don't. So I sent it to the master bowyer to get it done correctly.

To anyone who wants great customer service, great bow, call James. But, if your looking to get a sugar coated conversation, don't look to James. The man tells it as he sees it, some to your liking, and some not. He knows his stuff, what works and what doesn't.

Lineman72 out.
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: JD BERRY Taipan
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
Outstanding write up bud and I couldnt agree more
JD Berry Misty Dawn 68" 50@27
JD Berry Vixen 68" 50@27
Fred Bear Bruin 68" 55@28

Offline Steve Jr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: JD BERRY Taipan
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
X2 James definitely tells you what he thinks. I like that about him it kinda opens your eyes as to why some stuff works for you or against you. He is dedicated to going above and beyond to build the perfect bow for his customers!   :thumbsup:
Steve Jr

3 PC Pronghorn 58"-#49-@26"
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life member
Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©