INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Zeiss 8x40 Binos  (Read 273 times)

Online J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Zeiss 8x40 Binos
« on: February 05, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
Got my Zeiss binos in and they are great, I also got cabelas version of the crooked horn bino harness. They are a great combination, the zeiss are crystal-crystal clear! Gotta love the zeiss.

The harness system is good as gold, I remember I used to have single strap on my old binos and just kept them slung across my chest, under my arm. But this harness will keep them easy to get to while slipping(still hunting). The only thing about the harness system I do not like is they need some sort of quick release buckles for getting them on and off.

Expensive but worth it, just keep the wife from the invoice!   :scared:  

Later

Jason
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Online J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zeiss 8x40 Binos
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
I didn't think that they are not sponsers so if this gets whacked I apologize! I didn't think before I posted it.

Later

J
Always be stubborn.

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »
I have a new pair of 8X30 that I plan on using bowhunting.
I am pleased with the size, weight, claraity, and brightness.

No regrets.
Wife started taking inventory with this purchase. Just to let me know, she knew...
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Online J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Burned my invoice, the wife has learrned to love them though as we walk up to a nearby creek and watch the ducks and other wildlife, saw an otter yesterday. I trap them all the time but she has never seen a wild otter before.

Weight is fine, and the 8 power is perfect for this area, I think if I make it out west I will buy a spottng scope before I go.

Jason

Woodduck, you are not too far away from me.
Always be stubborn.

Online Alexander Traditional

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
I have some of the 10x40 rubber coated victories,and couldn't be happier.

Offline Iron Man2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »
I want to agree in general, however I must disagree. In the case of binos, it’s not a subjective choice. It is first an economic choice, second, the intended use, and then the size.

For example, if I am hunting from a tree stand in thick, forested timber versus in open country. Also, weather or better yet, waterproof is almost required. All these details must be considered.

Lastly, case in point, I went on my first Elk hunt in AB back in September 2001. Best, high quality eqt., etc. Except for one minor detail that was over-looked, or because of lack of experience, I will let you judge. The item in question was the set of binos I took, they were Bushnell’s. Do not remember the model, I do not have them anymore.(too bad Mr. Waddell sold himself) It was early morning and we were scouting vast fields and grassy open areas from the timberline, you know the setting. Anyway, they fogged-up, and with the changes in temp/humidity sucked in moisture inside the body and became useless. At the other extreme was my hunting partner’s older Zeiss that seemed to be able to see to the other mountain range and pick out individual animals in the timber. Needless to say, as soon as I got back home, I ordered my new Carl Zeiss 10X40B T*P* that I still have today! It’s the only bino I have and use for everything from sport watching to hunting!

I just wanted to add my dos pennies…
W/training wheels: Mathews 70# @ 28.5"
Advanced: Black Widow GB 53# @ 30
Master in Training: Archery Traditions Bambou Hunter 68" 57#
No matter how you slice it...it tastes that much better when it was earned the hard way.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski ... all of them are worth the substantial price if you have enough years left to enjoy using outstanding optics. Over the course of a decade or more, the amortized cost is small compared to the functionality and enjoyment you get from binoculars of that quality. And binoculars are not optional; they are an absolute necessity for the serious hunter.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©