INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Robertson vision takedown, broke down  (Read 880 times)

Offline kongo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson vision takedown, broke down
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Sounds like Mr. Robertson was ducking the problem . When you're drawing a bow and it comes apart on you , everything is flying back at you . You could get hurt very easily . Had a Skookum blow up on the release . Talk about hand shock . Anderson replaced with a new one . Seems he had gotten some defective URAC ? glue .

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Probably won't make you feel any better.....

But have you looked into converting the takedown system to the sleeve type?

At least you could get some use from it.
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Offline TheBigRedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
I am glad to hear that you did not get injured in the event.
I however second crotalus. I personally have a Falcon 4 from Dick and love it, honestly the best bow I have shot. If it were a matter of replacing the hinge or screws I am sure dick would step up and take care of it. It is not easy to get a broken screw out of a piece of wood and I doubt he designed a different hinge with the screw holes opposite of what are on your bow so he cant just put a new hinge on the bow with ease.

Again, glad you were not injured.

TBRA

Online PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
I have a 3rd hand Fatal with a hair line seperation in the riser lam's. He said he would fix it for free and ship it for free. I love my Robertson, I have zero issues with Dick and would buy another. Im not calling out anybody in anyway, but sometimes there is so much more to the story. A man that has made a living building bows for decades didnt do it making crap that doesnt work. Sure he admitted the screws needed to be beefed up. But that looks like something else happended. I just dont like seeing a man condemned on one incident. Who knows what may have happened to it while the other guy owned it. You dont have to shoot a bow often to mistreat it.  A few dry fires and those screws are getting weakened while the rest of the bow was "barely shot". Glad your okay and still healthy.

Offline MikeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
The bow was never dry fired by the original owner. Always strung and unstrung using a bow-stringer. Always stored indoors in air-conditioned room on bow rack (horizontal pegs).

It was primarily part of a collection of bows reflecting different take-down systems and was seldom shot - no more than 75 arrows through it total (by original owner). Arrows used were 10gpp in weight.  Bow was sold after the original warranty time period was past.

Bow came apart within three weeks after the sale. So most likely this would have happened to the original owner during the warranty period if he had shot the bow regularly.

Since the failure was due to a design / materials flaw the bow should have/would have been replaced under the warranty. A good argument could be made that it should have been replace later due to known manufacturing problems (which makes failure due to misuse or abuse very improbable).

Online PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
I believe you. Its just hard to swallow. I have spoke with Dick a time or two on the phone and once in person. I just cant believe he would treat the situation that way.......

Offline arrowflight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
As noted here before , an identified  design flaw is still a design flaw. For safety's sake and a boyer's integrity there should be  a warning issued to any owners of these bows by Robertson.Any and all failed or identified bows possible  for future failure should be repaired free of charge by Robertson. Otherwise , he'll loose future sales and be discredited by his customers.
We are all tied by a bond of the love of archery.Enjoy,promote,and respect the gift.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©