INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Muck Boots Woody Armor  (Read 555 times)

Offline Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
Muck Boots Woody Armor
« on: December 16, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »
A few weeks ago I purchased the new Woody Armor Boots from the Muck Boot Company.  All I can say is WOW!!!!

They were just as easy to get on and off all the Muck Boots are, and they offer snakebite protection.  

The temperatures ranged from 9 degrees in the morning to daily high of 46.  On one day the winds were whipping at 40 MPH, that day the temp was 17.  I was hunting aswmap that day and was set up in about 12" of swamp water.  It was partially frozen over from the previous chilly days and nights.  I had to keep shifting my legs as the water freezing around my boots. But never once did my feet get cold.  All I used was one pair of smart-wool socks.

Even when hunting the field adjacent to the swamp, the bottoms were freezing to the muddymuck, but my feet were warm.

In the Spring, I'll try 'em out for turkey.  But, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

They offer a comfort range of 70 degrees to -20 degrees, fully water proof and snake proof.  I am pleased.
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Muck Boots Woody Armor
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »
Sounds like a winner. I already have Muck Boots (about 3-4 years now) and wouldn't be without them now. The snakeproof thing sounds great to me and the thermal effect (though not really needed for most folks where I am - I could use it - LOL). Are they more expensive? (Duh! Of course.)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »
I got mine for 134.99 from Timber Creek Sportsman Shop, in Vestal, NY.  1-607-754-9112.  Free shipping and I received them in 3 days.
President
Life Member

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »
Ow! BUT, I'm sure they are worth it. Mine were 70 plus and are still going strong (Thank you, Lord) but I'd love that snake proof feature, especially for Spring Turkey and early Deer season.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »
Al, Bernie, How are they on ankle support...?
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »
Ankel support is one of the things I love about mine over most rubber boots, Ron, and yet they still pull off easy.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks Bernie, I have a bad ankle and that is why I havent tried these out.  :bigsmyl:   Might have to check into a pair.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
Even with the added snakebite protection, they still slip on and off very easily.  The ankle support is very good as well.  I've traversed through swamps, flooded fields, steep hills of shale, and almost flat terrains with no complaints at all.
President
Life Member

Offline Orion

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »
I don't have the snakebite protection model, but picked up a pair of Woody max a few weeks ago in time to try them out during our last week of deer season.  Unfortunately, the weather was mild for this time of the year and neck of the woods -- teens at night, high 30s during the day  -- so couldn't put them to a real test re their insulating qualities.  However, WOW has also been my initial response.  They kept my feet toasty, and when I did a lot of walking, they didn't get wet or even clamy inside.  Very comfortable to wear and extremely easy on and off.

Offline Jodi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
I tried to buy a pair today but, they (local Farm supply store) didn't have my size. Is there any difference in the woody max and the black boots other than the color? Such as insulation. There was three styles of black one short, one taller the other had the same soul as the woody max. All the black were $72 and the woody was $112. However, they didn't have my size (11/12) in any of them & the girl working there said they weren't getting anymore till spring. Any suggestions I'm not particularly concerned about the camo. Unless they are a better boot. Any help?
Happy Hunting, Jodi
Jodi Morgan

Offline Incognito

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
I have a pair of Mucks that I loved until the insulation on the heal rubbed off, now my heal squeaks every step I make. I coonhunt in mine so they have made lots and lots of steps. Im sure just normall wear deer hunting the insulation on the heal might last a real long time.

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »
Mine don't smell as good, after wearing them for a year...  :o  
and the heel is separating.
I need to find a glue to get in the crack.
Any recommendations?
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
I've had a bait of snake boots....every pair I've had were VERY uncomfortable!!!

I've been wearing a pair of regular muck boots since Christmas, and all I want to know is are these snake models as comfortable at the regular ones?
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Saw Terry's Muck boots this past January and they looked very interesting. If this "bulletproof' model is that much better, I'll be checking them out too. Thanks.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Bill Turner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
Could someone please post a picture of the Muck Boots. Are these the fur lined boots you see in Canada?

Online Bill Turner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
Curiosity got the best of me. Went to the web site and saw pictures. I'm in the market for a good rubber boot. This might be the ticket. Disregard above post. Pictures no longer needed. Now if I can only find someone nearby who carries this brand.

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
Bill I think your thinking muckluks thats a whole different animal for a shoe.
These are made out ot the same material as a dry suit for scuba diving, the soles are like a hard rubber.
I bought a pair last fall at the local hardware store where them at work on cold and or wet days so far so good. Wore them all day today in 4 degree to about 20 degree feet nice and dry and warm. The only thing I have noticed is they are not much for traction on slick surfaces, but a good knee high boot thats for sure!

Offline Orion

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »
Jodi:  My hunting partner bought a pair of black Artic model Muck boots.  As far as we could tell, it and the Woody Max are the same inside.  Black ones were $10 cheaper, but purchased at a different store.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
I wore the muck boots this weekend, and I'm going to splurge and get the snake boots.
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »
If the Snake boots are as good as the plain ol' Muck boots and do their respective job as well - I can't imagine they won't be fantastic. I love my plain ol' Mucks!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©