INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Thumbs Up for Danner Boots  (Read 516 times)

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
Thumbs Up for Danner Boots
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »
Just thought I would let you all about something that I thought was pretty darn nice.  I have wore some type of Danner Boots for the last 16 years.  I bought a pair of the Frontier model boots at Bass Pro about a year ago.  Sorriest boots that I have ever wore.  They leaked at 2 months, took back and exchanged at Bass Pro, other pair leaked at another 2 months, returned at Bass Pro for new ones, the new ones were the same story.  Kept on wearing them and just made work boots out of them to wear to office everyday.  Got agravated with wet feet so I just sent them to Danner and told them to have the engineers or research and development folks take a look at them cause I think they have a faulty run of gore-tex or something else wrong with them.  Told them they could have them for a study pair to try and make improvements.  Long story short Danner notified me that a new pair of boots should arrive in the mail tomorrow.  Not looking for a new pair of boots out of the deal cause I feel I got my money worth out of that pair, but I thought this was a nice way of them showing that they appreciate my business over the years.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thumbs Up for Danner Boots
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
You should fill Gerber in on this. They need to learn how to run a business when it comes to products not holding up their end of the deal. Just ask Bernie.

Kudos to Danner and look at all of the good free PR they're going to get now.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Offline guzzi2000

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
I bought a pair of Danners and they were the most comfortable boot that I have owned, right up to the point when they got wet. Danner replaced two pair and the last pair wasn't even the same model. I was told that the last pair would be the last pair they would replace. They guarantee 1 year leak proof. My experience is that they don't stand behind there product. Won't buy another pair.
"Our arrows will blot out the sun." "Then we will fight in the shade."

Online luv2bowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
I love my Danner boots! Once broken in they have been the most comfortable hunting boots that I have worn.

Glad to here that they take care of their customer as well!!  :thumbsup:  

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Longbows4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »
do anyone have the danner pronghorn and what do you think about them

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »
Danners are the best boot I have ever owned. I'm going to send one pair back to them to have some work done though. The gortex bootie has come loose on the bottom of one boots. It's just a pain putting them on and off. Still waterproof though.

Offline mike g

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
The Pronhorn is a nice pair of boots....
"Mike your friend In Traditional archery" (M.A.L.)
 www.mikesarcheryleather.com
Leather Armguards,Quivers,and Accessories, Mike's Archery Leather
"Rinehart 3D Target Dealer"
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
My Danners are very comfortable, but they do leak.

Offline guzzi2000

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
Erik,

The pronghorn was the last pair that Danner sent me as a relacement for another model, I can't remember what they were. I'll get to the point, the pronghorns also leaked. Danners are comfortable but if you want waterproof then my experience is don't get them.
"Our arrows will blot out the sun." "Then we will fight in the shade."

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »
I had the same thing happen with a pair of Danner hikers. They were the ones made over seas. I went throught 3 pairs and they just kept sending me new ones. I had to send them directly to Danner because Gander Mt wouldnt take them back, dont get me started on Gander MT what a joke that place is.

Now I own the Danner hikers that are made in the USA, and they are the best boots I have ever owned. Were them every day to work behind this desk and when ever I am in the woods. No leakes after 4 years, thats a long time for gortex to last.

I would never buy another pair of the China made bootsd but I would love a taller pair that are mad in the USA.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »
I Agree Pasty Face...Danner boots are great if you buy them Home Grown. That other stuff...Well...BLAaaaa!!! Guess you get what you pay for... ;) ...I have a pair of USA made Danners that have been re-soled three times... :) ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »
The ones I sent back were not USA Portland Danners.  First time I had bought any China Danners.  I don't think any of the non-portland Danners are much pumkin, but the high dollar portland boots are still good products.

Offline BigHink66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
Danner was the worst I ever had.  Uncomfortable and leaked within 6 months.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »
I ended up purchasing a pair of the Danner Santiams this Fall and they're the best boot I've ever worn. Very comfortable and warm. They produce a serious product. I had a pair of the pronghorns which were made overseas and I took them back. The Santiams are USA made and couldn't be crafted better. I'm very happy with my Danners.
N/A

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »
The USA Danners are good boots. I've had many pairs. Maybe 30 or so.
The China made boots are junk.
The Pronghorns will leak and the soles will squeak. Drive ya nuts.
squeeek squeeek squeek.

John

Offline wahoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »
most people who buy Danner return Danner.I don't get it.Never owned apair myself but this is why.I see people have to return them all the time.

Offline TheArc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
Not me, my 1000GR Frontiers are great in snow and my 600 gr Kestrels and nice lightweight boots with qiet stalking soles for those who can't get comfortable with really soft soled stalkers like the Jackals. I don't use either in situations out west that would cause full submersion, that's why I have hip boots.
"And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her a break." Rev. Clark Griswold

Offline Stu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
I've got 2 pair USA Danners: Mountain Light Hikers and a higher leather hunting boot (can't remember the name). Bought them both locally on close-out & they are very sturdy, haven't leaked yet. I wear the Hikers about every day except in the summer. I bought these both because they looked tough & can take a resole. I wear boots forever and don't mountain hunt so mine last for years & years.  

Also have the Pronghorns, very comfortable boot and mine are still waterproof but they are set aside for bird hunting only, so don't get much use. My Pronghorns were made in China.

Offline Whompy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »
I have worn AMERICAN Danners for years and they are the only boots that will hold up to these mountains. I used to wear them as work boots until the company started buying steel toes for us. They stay water proof until the soles are wore out and I give them away.
I remember the day when taking any deer with a recurve bow was considered a trophy by all- I still do consider them trophies    :)

Offline major archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
Anyone tried the elk model?  600 gram or the 400?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©