INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Gerber Carnivore Tracking Light  (Read 219 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Gerber Carnivore Tracking Light
« on: December 11, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »
Some time back there were some posts on a thread about the New Gerber Carnivore Tracking Light. Not wanting to start a wizzing contest on our forums, I only want to say that if anyone is interested in my complaints to them and their reply, e-mail me and I will forward them to you. Not that it accomplishes anything - LOL.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gerber Carnivore Tracking Light
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »
I was disapointed with mine.
Good Luck & Good Hunting!
John
COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS
PBS Associate Member

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »
Have not heard of anyone having any measure of success with them yet.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »
I feel everyone should write them letters (either way) I personally think they are "In Denial" about the subject light.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
Here are the excnages i had with them - read from the bottom one up for proper sequence.
- - - - - - - - -

Thank you for your reply. I even agree with most of what you say about tracking (the obvious). However that is what makes the kind of Promo video clip your advertising used so appealing. I did not keep the receipt as I trusted the long standing name and of Gerber and its stance bhind its products. If you truly think the light is worth that price, you are not in accord with the majority of comments I have seen on outdoor forums. You really need to take a more extensive survey of owners. It is a nice light for finding ones way into or out of a stand site, etc. but so are many other inexpensive lights. Your light's value as a trcking tool, or lack of the same does not justify the 50 to 60 dollar cost plus tax. I, as a 71 year old retired Marine on fixed income can ill afford that kind of failed investment. Many others probably feel the same. In my opinion the light should be recalled but I know that is never going to happen in the real world. thay will wind up as another "Failed Tool", being used for purposes other than what they were touted for, or not at all. I do appreciate your at least taking time to answer my complaint, even if it is just lip service.

Bernard S. Dunn, SWO2 USMC, Ret'd
209 Mills Branch Court
Swansboro, NC 28584
----- Original Message -----
To: Bernard S. Dunn
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 12:10 PM
Subject: RE: Carnivore Tracker Light

Thank you for contacting Gerber Legendary Blades with your comments and concerns regarding the Carnivore Light.  I apologize for the lack of response however, it does not appear that your initial email came to the Corporate Offices of Gerber but to that of an Independant Retailer that did not forward your message to us at the time.  Gerber Store is not affiliated with Gerber Legendary Blades.  They do specialize in the retail of our products however.

Gerber strives to design and develop great and innovative products.  We are sorry to hear about your experience with the product. We believe that there is no perfect way to track wounded game as there are many variables; type of shot, weapon, and background (color). The brightest whitest light would be ideal for tracking, but there it is not always possible to carry a huge lantern. The TRAX technology was developed to be an aid for tracking blood. The science is that it works to highlight the color red against non-red backgrounds. It is not a tool to make any blood glow and to be seen from a distance. As I’m sure you know, the art of tracking game is very tedious and can be very difficult. The Carnivore is a tool, or aid, to be used to locate his/her game. It will not work in all instances and is dependent on the state of the blood.  Please keep in mind that blood is not florescent (as projected on some tv shows such as CSI.)  The TRAX lighting effect of the Carnivore allows for a more significant contrast in the background for easier tracking.  The recommended range for clear viewing is approximately 4-5 feet.  We know many hunters who have not located their game using flashlights, lanterns, the Carnivore or many other methods. Our goal is to provide a tool that will help locate some of these animals. We have had hunters go out of their way to tell us that the Carnivore helped them find an animal they feel that they would have lost otherwise.

Your comments are appreciated and have been passed on to the Design Engineers. We have a continuous improvement process and will be sure to confirm the functionality of the product and to ensure the LEDs are being driven at the correct levels of output.

Gerber Blades does not provide refunds or reimbursements for product(s) as we are not a retailer.  To obtain this, please inquire with the retailer with whom you purchased the product for this process.  Again our apologies for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Donda Burnett

Consumer Affairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 6:19 PM
To: info@gerberstore.com; Sales
Subject: Carnivore Tracker Light

A couple or few weeks ago I sent you a message regarding my life long support of your fine knives and my disappointment and dissatisfaction in your so called tracking light. I have receveived not even an acknowlegement. Do you not even care that this light is, not only not worth the cost, but borders on false advertising and misrepresentation. I know I am not the only person who feels this way. In fact I'd be surprised if you could find a handful of people to "sing its praises". I am disgusted with it as anything other than a basic flashlight of about eight dollars value and would like some sort of redress. Money back, One of your fine knives instead, or even just a letter of apology would be better than trying to ignore the worthlessness of the product. I'm sure by now you are aware just how lame a product it is. Later - B

Bernard S. Dunn CWO2 USMC, Ret'd
209 Mills branch Court
Swansboro, NC 28584

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »
ttt

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »
Bernie,

You received the standard cut and paste email from Gerber. I have the same exact email from the same person.

I will no longer support Gerber in anyway. It is sad but they are going to continue to sell the light regardless.

There are some companies that are not carrying the light anymore though so at least some suppliers are taking note to the light not working properly.

Chris

Offline beyondmyken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »
Bernie, sorry about your experience.  I did not find the light very useful and was able to return mine to Cabela's.  I thought it might help a colorblind person but did not know anyone who was colorblind to try it.  FYI, I find the slightly blue LED flashlights such as the Surefires show blood trails better than the standard Xenon bulb flashlights ( of course the surefires are not cheap) but their E1l Outdoorsman is small, light, and casts a heck of a light for its size.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »
A friend of mine had one of those and they certainly are bright little fellers. Wish I'd put the money towards one of those.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©