INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Rivers west rain gear  (Read 215 times)

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
Rivers west rain gear
« on: December 08, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »
This year I got some rivers west rain gear to hunt in our very wet november and december months.  Man am I ever glad I did.  This stuff is super comfortable, repels rain better then anything I have owned yet, and it's deadly quiet. Oh and lets not forget rugged.  This stuff is tough.  The ones I got are not insulated. I like this for a number of reasons though.  Where I live in Oregon it rarely gets to freezing, and I have plenty of insulating layers.  I sat in a down poor this November for about four hours and stayed very comfortably dry. My hands got cold, but that was becasue I didn't have any gloves made from this stuff, some thing I intend to rectify for next year.  
I would VERY highly recomend this rain gear for stalkers and still hunters.  
Derek
got arrows?

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rivers west rain gear
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »
I agree I own a pair of there pants don't have the jacket cause I have a 10X but its not as quiet as the rivers west stuff. I wore it last year on a caribou hunt it rained every day and windy not a problem. I use it here in MO deer hunting as well money well spent.

Offline John D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
I also agree Rivers West is great. I bought the jacket and pants for a moose hunt in Ontario I never stayed so dry in my life time of hunting.Wore it all season in archery stayed dry. I can honestly say it is one of the few products out there that is just what the company says it is. I would recomend it to anyone. It also blocks the wind great.
Good Luck & Good Hunting!
John
COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS
PBS Associate Member

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »
Hey guys, can you give an idea of the price of this stuff?  I just checked out their website but didn't see it.
Thanks
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Offline Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
I just recieved their catalog in Saturday's mail.  Very interesting stuff, and looks to be extremely lightweight as well, and not too bulky as an outer layer.  I like the high-neck and long shirt-tail ideas.
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
LandShark
As Al Dente said just request a catalog off there site and they will get one out, be paitient it takes awhile.Or I guess you could call them.

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »
I bought the coat and pants last year.  I have stood all day in the pouring rain and was dry at the end of the day.  The wind will not go through it.  And it wears like iron.  This is great stuff.  WAY better than Gore-Tex!
Mike

Online Orion

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
I haven't bought yet, but I plan to.  What camo patterns are you folks using?  To me the Mossy Oak Break Up looks awfully dark.  I'm leaning toward the Max4 high D.  Would like to see a full size garmet in the computer confusion pattern.  I like the idea of that stuff, but the pattern might be too small.  Might they be coming out with additional camo patterns in the future?

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
My pants are mossy oak break up I don't think max4  was available when I bought, if I buy the jacket it will be max 4

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©