INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Chek-Mate Bows  (Read 208 times)

Offline White Oak

• Trad Bowhunter
Chek-Mate Bows
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »
Earlier this year my wife,son and I ordered new Ckek-Mate bows from Chad Weaver. The waiting list seemed long but they have arrived and the wait was definately worth it.
My son is a one piece bow man and chose a Falcon Deluxe with greybark limbs and a greybark and purple heart riser.The bow is beautful and shoots as good as it looks. It seems to really spit the arrow out with authority and with very little tinkering it is quiet. The only noise I am able to detect is the arrow hitting the target.
My wife selected a 58" Hunter 2, black walnut limbs with birdseye bocote veneer on both limb faces, and a combination of bolivian rosewood & chechen for the riser.At 41#@28" it is a real smooth shooter and a great looker.
I chose a 62" Hunter 2, 49#@29". The riser is a beautiful piece of cocobolo and the limbs are black walnut with jarrah veneers front & back.
The workmanship on all 3 bows is outstanding.I am sure they will be with us in the field for many seasons to come.
I would like to give a big thumbs up to Chad Weaver. From my first phone conversation with him I noticed that he never bad mouthed other products. He simply pointed out the positives of the Chek-Mate line.Although we have owned production bows in the past ordering custom was new to us.I made some drastic changes in wood choices soon after placing my order and requested other smaller changes during our wait. My son also had some special requests after ordering.My wife( they say women can't make up their minds ) was the only one who stuck to her original plan. Chad handled all of our requests and when the bows arrived he hadn't missed one.A real plus to me is the fact that if I have a question, he is only an e-mail away which he responds to rapidly.
I would highly recommend Chek-Mate bows to anyone and Chad Weaver would be tough to beat   :clapper:  as your dealer.

Online joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chek-Mate Bows
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
with a write-up description like that you really need to post pics.   :p
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline barking mad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
Congratulations on the new bows to everyone!

Chad definitely ranks up there with the best of the best. And, yeah, please post some pictures of the bows once you get the chance.

Good shooting,

-bm.
-preserved moose-

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »
I have to agree-

I love Chek-Mate bows, and Chad is a great representative of them, and Traditional Archery as well.

The bows sound beautiful, and I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

hnh
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »
Yeah quit teasing us and post pics of those beauties! I have a Hunter 2 that is due anytime now...I can't wait to get my hands on it! Have one already that I bought used that I fell in love with and had to order one custom just for me. Chad really is good about handling his business, and is always quick to offer any helpful advice he can. Top notch bows from a top notch guy dealing them.

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »
Got mine in Oct.  all bocote riser, and bocote veneers. Already have taken 2 deer with it. Just love the way it shoots.  62" 62# @ 29".  

Everything you say about chek-mate and Chad is True!!!

Now lets see some pictures!
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »
Deer Slayer ~ If you want to give your old Hunter 2 a home in Nebraska, I'm dead serious, just let me know. Man I miss that bow!!! I have had three Hunter 2's, 2 were 60" and one was a 58 incher. The 58" didn't quite work for me, but I sure wish I could get back one of my 60" bows.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©