INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Eagle Optics Ranger Platinum 10X42 binos  (Read 141 times)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
Eagle Optics Ranger Platinum 10X42 binos
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »
I recently purchased the Eagle Optic Ranger Platinum series binoculars. I had intended to get 8X binos but settled on the 10X42's after comparing them side by side for about a 1/2 hour and seeing no real appreciable difference in field of view. I went to our local dealer specifically at dusk and he ushered me out the back door where I could look at timber in the low light. I was very impressed by the optics in these binos. Very bright and crisp. I've looked at some high end optics and the glass in these binos hang right there with them. They seem very well built and sturdy, yet light weight and not too big of a chassis. Rubber armored, fog proof and water proof. The lens caps on the objective lenses are flip down rubber types. Very handy and they stay out of the way. The cover that goes over the eye cups attaches to the strap. The twist up eye cups are nice as well. The focus ring and diopter adjustment is smooth. The close focus is something like 5-1/2' too! I'm very happy with them and they have one of the best transferrable warranties in the business. If I had one complaint, it is that the carry case is a bit snug and the binos tend to snag on the lens cloth pocket, but the more I take them in and out, the better it's fitting. I paid $350 after the tax was added in. I think they're a bargain.
Got wood? - Tom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©