INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Raptor Arrows and Self Bows  (Read 158 times)

Offline Tagger

• Trad Bowhunter
Raptor Arrows and Self Bows
« on: November 15, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »
Been shooting self bows for about 3 years and finally sprung for some good arrows. WHAT A DIFFERANCE. I assure you, no more 60 dollar a dozen wood arrows for me. After checking with many other shooters, local and on line, I went with Raptor Archery in Hood River, OR (541-386-4503), mostly because they offered tapered shafts. Cool guys who know their stuff. Got them within 2 weeks and I can say, I have never had a wood arrow fly so strait and group so well. I was so impressed with Ted (owner) that I ended up buying a self bow and arrows to match it. It shot so good the first time out, I had to stop aiming at the same spot because I tore up an arrow already. The new bow is 56", 53lbs@27". Well built and great looking with it's snake skin back. I feel more comfortable and confident with this new bow after a few outings than I did with my other bow after shooting it for 2 years. I have found my supplier for life. He does not advertise his bows, so you have to call and see what he has available. You can see his arrows at   RaptorArchery.com  Hope this helps someone looking for good wood arrows

Offline 6 POINT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Raptor Arrows and Self Bows
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
I have dealt with Ted for over 10 years now and have always found him to be extremely knowledgeable and willing to help with any archery problems you may be having. A few years ago I was at his shop with a friend and Ted had a book that I wanted but couldn't afford because I had been injured at work and money was very tight.He handed me the book and said "here pay me when you get some money" Naturally the first check I mailed out when I got some money was to Ted.Thanks for being there Ted!!!!

Offline Grampus

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Raptor Arrows and Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
Ted Fry is an artist in orange-osage.  The self bows he makes are both functional and beautiful.  The first time I went to Ted's shop, he spent most of the afternoon talking with me. I have made several subsequent visits, and each time I am greeted like a long lost hunting buddy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©