INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lliberty Chief  (Read 157 times)

Offline Freddie Earp

• Trad Bowhunter
Lliberty Chief
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »
Just got my Liberty Chief from Allen Boice it really looks great and shoots even better. Bocote Riser, Bamboo core myrtle veneer. 62" 53lb@26" can't say enough about Allen's ability and service. Ordered it on 10/2/06 recieved it on 10/20/06. It shoots where I point my search for THE BOW is over. I highly recomend Liberty bows, Allen is a great guy to do business with.  Thank You Allen for a great bow.  FRED EARP

Offline White Ape

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lliberty Chief
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »
Well Fred, I think you made the right choice. I've owned 5 "Liberty" bows. Only reason I let any of them go was to upgrade to another "Liberty". I got my "Chief" ( 64" 58# @28") right before the NALS this year (already had a Liberty "English Elite" 66" 54# @28") and it is becoming my  GO-TO bow. Its quiet, smooth, very fast, and shoots an arrow with real authority. I love it.  Have fun with your new found friend. Ray.................
Raymond W. Hamilton

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »
:wavey:           Just got a bow to test drive           :)           from Mr. Allen Boise with Liberty Bow Co....a Contender 64 inches 56# @28  wow! smooth out to my draw 56# thought I was pulling 52 or 53 like one of my other longbows. Beautiful myrtelwood lams bamboo center, riser was real bocote , nice looking with dished grip but this grip just fit my hand perfect, he will make what you want...spits a 2018 with 190 field tip like darts...140 Bh modocs fly great with this bow...the bowyer is a diamond in the rough...I can see me collecting a few of these , this bow is a KEEPER NO DOUBT...I might add no handshock, and the finish woodwork is flawless. thinking about a 58 or 62# hunting longbow ...he makes another bow called the English another beauty, and highly reflex deflex Chief..in 60 to 68 inches...maybe a 60 for the ground blind for me..           :D           tradbuds for all you longbow nuts this is one heck of bow! Allen is a real class gentelman to deal with too. thing that was good was the number of different arrows that shot well out of it , wood alum carbon didn't matter. Quiet , smooth no finger pinch, no  stacking, no hand  shock , wonderful grip ...fair price...Merry Christmas...           :goldtooth:                      :goldtooth:                      :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Liberty Bows! Now I know it wasn't a fluke. I couldn't hit the blind side of a barn with a longbow until I got a Chief from Allen....and all of a sudden I was not only shooting right where I was looking....I was doing it consistently and at different yardages with different arrows like bayou said. It really didn't seem to matter what I was shooting the bow almost seemed magic to me LOL!I was just so happy that I finally found the longbow for me! Since then I haven't even thought about trying a different longbow.Probably becausee it took me so long to finally find one I could shoot!  :clapper:

Offline fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »
I just bought a used Liberty Chief Elite and sent it back to Allen to refinish. I had the bow back within 10 days, shipping it from Ohio to Oregon and back. The bow is in new condition. Refinished, new leather grip and strike plate and a new string with silencers and a nock. What great service at a very reasonable price. I bought a new Chief from Allen several years ago and had a weak moment and sold it. I sure would like to have that one back. I would highly recommend Allen and his bows. They are not only great to look at but also great performers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©