INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kempf Kwyk Styk  (Read 206 times)

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Kempf Kwyk Styk
« on: September 25, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
I picked up my Kempf Kwyk Styk at the Archery Shop this past Saturday.  I assembled the bow, adjusted the BH to the recommended starting point of 7-3/4" and proceeded shooting the bow.  I was shooting some 525 gr Beman ICS Hunter 500s (stuffed with rope) and some 471 gr Beman ICS Hunter 400s with 192 gr up front.  

The bow is 56" and 48#@28".  I shot the 471 gr arrows through the chrony at my draw of 28".  My 5 shot average was 178.2 fps.  That is not too bad for a 9.8 gr/pdf arrow.

The bow is very smooth and very quiet.  The bow shoots high for me with the 471 gr ICS 400 arrows at 20 yards about 4" and in a group about the size of a baseball.  When I shot the 525 gr ICS 500 arrows they were dropping right down into my point of aim and still grouping about the size of a baseball.

The Kwyk Styk is one sweet shooting bow!!  I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a well made bow, with high quality fit and finish, and a great shooting bow to boot.  It ranks up there with ANY of the recurves I've owned previously.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kempf Kwyk Styk
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »
Congrats on the New "Baby"!! It Sounds like a Bow for my EverExpanding "Want List"!!
     Sounds Great WildMan!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
I knew you'd like it!!!
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
Bill;
     If you are shooting fastflite? Try dropping the brace height to 7 1/4 ", this Bow loves it!

Sergio

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 02:49:00 AM »
Jack's bows are great, Sergio knows a thing or 2 about the Kwik Styk. My brace height is around the 7 1/2" mark right now. It has been higher and lower depending on which arrows I am shooting, and probably more importantly, how clean my release is. I seem to torque the string on the recurves, resulting in a little limb noise. Raise the brace height and it disappears.
Jack recommends the 7 3/4 mark, I have never had mine that high.
Bill, whch style of limb did you get?
Terry
Terry

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
Bowshot,

I have the static tip limbs.  

Sergio,

Jack shipped the bow with an 8125 string.  So, I'll try dropping the BH a bit, as you recommend, but I'm really satisfied with the way it is shooting right now.  If I get any smoother and quieter, it will be quite acceptable to me!!

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »
Hi Bill;
       try the 7 1/4 BH, i think you will like it. those static limbs love a low BH, If you are getting any noise, make sure you have some sort of gasket between the limb and riser. These static limbs are longbow quiet!

Offline Axe Thrower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »
Bill,
I live in the upper state of SC.  What archery shop did pick the bow up from?  Did you order the bow through a shop?

Doug

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©