INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: canyon archery traditions  (Read 141 times)

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
canyon archery traditions
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »
hi folks,i recently purchased a longbow from mike baker,he had posted pics.of his product and the specs.and the eye appeal, and length,weight,ect.were right down my alley.58"49#@28".altho i had never heard of him or his company i decided to purchas the bow.i awaited the arrival with great anticipation.it arrived in a pice of 4" schedule 40 pvc.when i finally got it out,i was even more amazed at the craftsmanship up close.i have owned many bows in the last 4 or 5 years,a lot of the high end ones,the workmanship and attention to detail were up there with the best that i have owned.i immediately strung it,checked the brace,7" thats a good brace for me,i did't check nock placement,i started  flinging a few at my block and 3d deer targets,smooth drawing,whisper quiet,no hand shock,wow.altho the grip was a little large for my small hands the bow still performed exceptionally well.it has a nice radiused shelf,not cut to center,but its not spine critical.i emailed mike and told him about the problem with the grip and he offered to cut it down for me and refinish the bow so it will all match up,at no charge,just shiping.you can't beat that for customer service.people this guy makes an outstanding bow,if he ever gos into it full time,some other bowyers better look out.thanks mike for a great product.regards,robert
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Offline Pullonmylimb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: canyon archery traditions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »
Where do I find Mike?

I would like to see soem pics and read soem info about his product.
Turn a friend on to trad.  It's the gift that keeps on giving >>------> @

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©